It is early morning about an hour before sunrise. The world outside is quiet and still. Even crickets in the swamp are not chirping. I’m sitting here writing with Milo by my side. Or trying to write. It’s another one of those times when words are not coming easy. At least I have something tasty on the kitchen counter waiting for me to eat. Yep, I’m looking forward to a big slice of Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Quick Bread.
Bread Bakers time rolled around again. It seems like a minute since the last one. How do these months fly by so fast? I blame Milo for time slipping by so quickly lately. There is always something with a puppy. Plus I’ve added going on walks with him to my routine. Having fun and getting exercise at the same time is a good thing.
The theme is a super duper one. Our host Shireen of Ruchik Randhap (Delicious Cooking) specified to use cacao, cocoa, or carob in any form. That meant chocolate. Oh yea! And oh the possibilities. So. Many. Possibilities. I decided to go with one of my all-time favorite combinations; chocolate and peanut butter. Plus I had a partial bag of peanut butter chips after making Double Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Quick Bread is for snacking. A slice with a glass of milk is heavenly. I recommend warming the slice for a few seconds in the microwave. It’s chocolate-y, peanut buttery, lightly sweet, and splurge-worthy.
Chocolate and bread is a wonderful combination. Scroll down to see a list of recipes by Bread Bakers from all around the world. There are so many delightful ones to discover. Your whole day could be filled with chocolate-y bread from start to finish. Also look at Peanut Butter Chocolate Cola Cake and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars for more recipes with that flavor combination.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Quick Bread
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom only of an 8- X 4-inch or 9- X 5-inch loaf pan.
Stir together peanut butter chips and 1 teaspoon flour in a small bowl to coat the chips with flour.
Whisk together remaining flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
Beat sugar and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Add eggs and beat to combine. Add buttermilk and vanilla and beat until smooth.
Stir in the flour mixture until just moistened. Stir in peanut butter chips.
Pour into prepared loaf pan and spread out evenly.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool bread in the pan for 15 minutes.
Run a knife along the sides to loosen bread from the pan. Remove bread from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Quick Bread is a delightful treat or snack for kids of all ages. Serve it and watch the smiles appear!
It’s time to bake bread! Why? Because there are all these bread recipes with cacao, cocoa, or carob as a featured ingredient:
- Chocolate & Cherry Swirl Bread from The Bread She Bakes
- Chocolate Orange Swirl Buns from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Chocolate and Vanilla Brioche from Kidsandchic
- Chocolate Banana Quick Bread from Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Buttermilk Quick Bread from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Filled Bundt Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Hazelnut Banana Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Monkey Bread from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Quick Bread from Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls from From Gate to Plate
- Chocolate Yeast Bread from Cook’s Hideout
- Croatian Povitica – Chocolate Walnut Swirl Bread from Herbivore Cucina
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Pocket Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Dark Chocolate Chip Hot Cross Buns from Baking in Pyjamas
- Double Chocolate Espresso Scones from Wholistic Woman
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Egg Free 45 Minutes Chocolate Buns from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Eggless Chocolate Babka from I Camp in my Kitchen
- Eggless Chocolate Swirl Buns from Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Eggless Triple Chocolate Scones from Spill the Spices
- Four-Chocolate Sour Cream Quickbread from What Smells So Good?
- Leopard Print Bread from Spiceroots
- Pain Au Chocolat (Chocolate filled Croissants) from G’Gina’s Kitchenette
- Pane Al Cioccolato – Chocolate Bread from Ruchik Randhap
- Petits Pain au Chocolat – Mini Chocolate Croissant from Sneha’s Recipe
- Sourdough Cacao Sweet Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Sweet Russian Chocolate Braid from Hostess At Heart
- Two Chocolates Greek Yogurt Banana Bread from La cocina de Aisha
What is Bread Bakers? It’s a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Bread Bakers Pinterest Board. Links are also updated after each event on the Bread Bakers home page.
How is the monthly theme determined? We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Would you like to join in the fun? If you are a food blogger, send an email with your blog name and url to Stacy at [email protected].
Sunday 27th of March 2016
those pb chips must have taken the flavor of this over the top!!!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress)
Friday 18th of March 2016
YES YES YES! This is def the ultimate quick bread to me! I'd snack on it allllll the time!
Monday 14th of March 2016
Beautifully baked peanut butter bread, looks amazing.
Sunday 13th of March 2016
Those peanut butter chips look like jewels ! So yummy and a great combo. I bet it felt like eating a peanut butter sandwich!! mmm
Sunday 13th of March 2016
The photo is really nice. I'm going to try and get peanut butter chips during my next trip abroad, so I can make this bread.