Cinnamon Pecan Applesauce Bundt Cake with Browned Butter Glaze. It’s nicely spiced with a nutty crunch and touch of apple flavor.
Leaves are already starting to drop. It’s too early. Fall is four weeks away. I think the hot dry summer put a lot of stress on trees. The falling of leaves gets me thinking of the next season. Baking really kicks in full gear. Spice scent fills the air like with Cinnamon Pecan Applesauce Bundt Cake.
Fall is also apple season. Bundt Bakers are getting a jump on it with this month’s theme. It’s all about apples including juice, sauce, butter, and the fruit itself. Obviously I took the applesauce option. I also made the glaze with apple juice.
The cake is topped with browned butter glaze. Yes, that’s right, browned butter. The browning process gives it a nutty flavor matching perfectly with pecans. Plus there’s the butter pecan aspect. Apple juice in the glaze accents the slight apple flavor in the cake.
Cinnamon Pecan Applesauce Bundt Cake is easy to make. I used a mixer to blend the wet and dry ingredients together. You could whisk or stir if you don’t have a mixer. It’s like making a quick bread. Combine dry ingredients in one bowl, wet in another, then put them together. The glaze only requires stirring too.
How about more recipes with apples? Scroll way down to see the list of ones baked for Bundt Bakers. Also take a look at German Applesauce, Sherry Apple Pork Roast, and Apple Cranberry Chutney for ones other than cake. Special thanks to Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm for hosting this month.
Cinnamon Pecan Applesauce Bundt Cake
For the cake:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups confectioners sugar sifted
- Pinch of salt
- 3 to 4 tablespoons apple juice
- Pecan halves for garnish optional
For the cake:
Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a 10-cup bundt pan.
Whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
Whisk together applesauce, oil, and eggs in a medium bowl.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
Beat until just combined and dry ingredients are moistened, about 1 minute.
Stir in pecans. Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
For the glaze:
While the cake is baking, cook butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until light golden brown, stirring constantly.
Cool browned butter completely.
In a medium bowl, stir together browned butter, confectioners sugar, salt, and 2 tablespoons apple juice.
Continue stirring and adding additional apple juice, a little at a time, until desired glaze consistency is reached.
Spoon or drizzle glaze over cooled cake. Garnish with pecan halves if desired.
Cinnamon Pecan Applesauce Bundt Cake with Browned Butter Glaze. It's nicely spiced with a nutty crunch and touch of apple flavor.
How about them apples? Or rather, how about these bundt cake recipes with apples? What a list and worth taking a look at each and every one of them:
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Apple Almond Coffee Cake with Honey Glaze by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple and Toasted Pecan Bundt Cake with Rum Syrup by Patty’s Cake
- Apple Honey Blossom Bundt by Living the Gourmet
- Apple Crumble Bundt by Jane’s Adventure in Dinner
- Apple French Cruller Bundt Cake by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Apple Sharlotka Bundt Cake by Spiceroots
- Apple Spice Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Sauce by kidsandchic
- Apple Streusel Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Apple-Cream Cheese Bundt Cake by The Queen of Scones
- Chocolate Chip Apple Cake by Making Miracles
- Cinnamon Apple Streusel Cake by Tea and Scones
- Cinnamon Pecan Applesauce Bundt Cake by Magnolia Days (recipe above)
- Clotted Cream & Apple Spice Bundt Cake by Baking in Pyjamas
- Double Caramel Apple Bundt Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
- Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy Apple Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Jewish Apple Bundt Cake by I Love Bundt Cakes
- Jewish Praline Pecan Apple Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Lighter Jewish Apple Cake by Cookaholic Wife
What is Bundt Bakers? It’s a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Bundt Bakers Pinterest board for incredible bundt cake recipes and inspiration. Stacy of Food Lust People Love heads up our group and has a #BundtBakers page where you can find information and links to the recipes for each month.
How is the monthly theme determined? We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. Links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.