What is your favorite spice? Cinnamon is at the top of my list when it comes to baking. I absolutely love the smell and taste of it. One of the best parts is they way it fills the house with a warm and comforting aroma. You walk in the door and feel like the air is giving you a hug. The scent wraps around you and all seems well.
Spices take food to a different level. Plain and tasteless turn to flavorful with the addition of spice. Some are associated with sweet and others with savory. Cinnamon is most used in sweets although I will add it to savory foods like chili. A small amount gives a subtle flavor enhancement.
Cinnamon is the highlight of this bundt cake. It also has oats and pecans which go so well with it. It is the first time I have baked a cake with applesauce. I have seen many recipes lately with it and they mention how it makes cakes moist. I agree with that now. There is a slight apple flavor which only adds to this cake. How good is it? Well, let’s just say that after I sampled it I could not wait for the next slice. I had it for breakfast the next day. It was not a petite little slice either. Did I mention it has oats?
November’s #BundtAMonth is all about celebrating spices. Take a look at these spicy bundts:
- Apple Bundt Cake with an Attitude by Deb | Knitstamatic
- Blueberry Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Anuradha | Baker Street
- Cardamom Bundt Cake with Saffron Cream by Paula | Vintage Kitchen
- Cinnamon Crown Bundt Cake by Renee | Magnolia Days
- Ginger Pear Bundt Cake by Holly | A Baker’s House
- Gingerbread Apple Cake by Lora | Cake Duchess
- Gram’s Fig Spice Bundt Cake with Buttermilk Glaze by Stacy | Food Lust People Love
- Italian Anise Bundt Cake by Karen | In The Kitchen with KP
- Maple Pecan Bundt with Maple Glaze by Jennie | The Messy Baker Blog
- Mexican Chocolate Bundt Cake by Alice | Hip Foodie Mom
- Moroccan Inspired Olive Oil Bundt Cake with Ras El Hanout by Laura | The Spiced Life
- Nutmeg Bundt Cake by Dorothy | Shockingly Delicious
- Peach and Roasted Cinnamon Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Sugar by Kim | Cravings Of A Lunatic
- Spiced Dark Chocolate with Cinnamon Glaze by Kate | Food Babbles
- Spicy Chocolate Bourbon Bundt Cake by Carrie | Poet In The Pantry
- Caramel Apple Spice Bundt Cake by Kate | Diethood
How much do you like cinnamon? Do you use it in savory foods or only in sweets? Make some sweet rolls, crumb cake, ice cream, or this incredible Cinnamon Crown Bundt Cake and celebrate the spice with each one.
The November #BundtAMonth is dedicated to those impacted by Hurricane Sandy. If you would like to help, you can donate $10 by texting the word “RedCross” to 90999 or visit the American Red Cross website for more information.
Here’s how you can join the #BundtaMonth party:
- Bake your Bundt for November following the theme – Spice.
- Post it before November 30, 2012.
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title should read – #BundtaMonth: Chocolate Cinnamon Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to both Lora and Anuradha’s announcement posts.
Recipe adapted from the Bundt Cookbook by Nordic Ware.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.