There is a common request at family dinners. The same request is heard when gathering with friends. What is it? It’s a simple request for a beverage: “I’ll have a glass of Moscato”. My family is a shining example. I’ve tried to introduce them to other wines. Almost each time I get “It’s okay, but I like Moscato better”. So I make sure I have it on hand for them. I went a step further and decided to incorporate it into a recipe. It only took one attempt to create Pork Roast with Peach Moscato Sauce.
Simplicity was the goal of the recipe. Well, and something that tastes good too. I wanted to make a savory dish with a lighter feel. A fruit aspect seemed a natural fit. Gallo Family Vineyards Red Moscato has citrus and peach flavors so I went with peach. The savory component became pork because it pairs so well with peaches.
How is the Pork Roast with Peach Moscato Sauce? Tender slices of pork are complimented with a sauce that is thick, light, fruity, and savory all at the same time. The sauce came out tastier than I ever conceived. Both my husband and I ended our meal with dipping slices of bread in the gravy to sop up all the goodness. Thankfully the recipe makes a lot of sauce. Sip on a glass of red Moscato during the meal to further enhance the fruitiness of the dish.
May 9th is National Moscato Day. Sunday Supper is proud to partner with Gallo Family Vineyards to celebrate the deliciously sweet wine varietal. Join the celebration by getting GFV’s red, white, or pink to sip on for the special day. Oh, and there is a $1 off coupon or rebate available (depending on your area). Scroll down to find more recipes and pairings with links to each one.
Do you enjoy Moscato? Take a look at these recipes by Sunday Supper contributors featuring or paired with ones by Gallo Family Vineyards:
Appetizers and Mains:
- Lemon Rosemary Moscato Chicken by Family Foodie
- Moscato Meatball Skewers by Melanie Makes
- Pork Roast with Peach Moscato Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Pork with Moscato Sauce & Veggies by Momma’s Meals
Beverages, Breakfast, and Sweets:
- Blackberry Bellinis by The Foodie Army Wife
- Blackberry Almond Cake with Moscato Zabaione by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Individual Plum Crumbles with Moscato Syrup by Neighborfood
- Mandarin Orange Tart by NinjaBaking.com
- Mango Moscato Sorbet by Webicurean
- Mexican Chocolate Ganache Cake by MealDiva
- Mixed Berry Moscato Gelees by Alida’s Kitchen
- Moscato Gelée with Strawberry Compote by kimchi MOM
- Olive Oil Cake with Strawberry-Red Moscato Sorbet and Moscato Zabaglione by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Overnight Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peachy Apricot Moscato Cake with Moscato Whipped Cream by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pink Moscato Cupcakes + Citrus Moscato Sangria by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pink Moscato Strawberry Shortcake by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Raspberry Moscato Sangria by The Messy Baker
- Strawberry Pink Moscato Ice Pops by girlichef
- Strawberry Tart with Moscato Lemon Curd by Foxes Love Lemons
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? Click here: Sunday Supper Movement
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.