The dining room is ready for the feast ahead. A Christmas tree in the corner glows and sparkles. The table is set with holiday finest. Reflections of flickering candlelight dance on the sides of glasses. Arriving family members are drawn to the kitchen with the heavenly aroma of slow-simmering meat. Soon they will gather around the table to break bread together. Laughter fills the room as old funny memories are told. New memories are made and anchored with a special meal of Short Ribs with Pasta.
Wine glasses are raised before the meal begins. Cheers are given to all along with thanks to the host. The tinkling of forks against the plates is followed with sounds of delight. The tender, comforting short ribs and sauce is a hit. Cabernet Sauvignon pairs with it well as it was used in the preparation. Seconds are requested and an empty platter is all that is left.
Holiday traditions bind a family together. What defines a family changes with each passing day. We also have more than one family such as your work family or family of friends. The mix keeps us happy as we all need the support and companionship in the different aspects of our lives. Gallo Family Vineyards not only has great wines to celebrate your families with, they also have a crest creator so you can make a crest for each one. I made one for this blog and my online family:
Memorable holiday meals are made with love. They can be made with wine too. Sunday Supper is proud to partner with Gallo Family Vineyards and share recipes featuring GFV wines as an ingredient. Scroll down to find the list and links to each one. We have complete array of everything from beverages to desserts.
More on Gallo Family Vineyards: You can follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Their website has information on all GFV wines. Also take a look at my review of their Hearty Burgundy. I used GFV Cabernet Sauvignon for the short ribs.
Recipe adapted from Short Ribs with Tagliatelle on the Food Network website.
Are you ready to make memorable holiday meals? Take a look at these recipes by Sunday Supper contributors featuring Gallo Family Vineyards wine:
- Clementine, Whiskey & Wine Cocktail by Foxes Love Lemons
- Mandarin Spice Mulled Wine by girlichef
- Cabernet-Shallot Mushroom Cheeseburgers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Crock Pot Beef Bourguignon by The Dinner-Mom
- Easy Cranberry Bacon Stuffing by Momma’s Meals
- Fettuccine with Italian Sausage and Mascarpone by The Foodie Army Wife
- Family Fondue by kimchi MOM
- Lemon White Wine Green Beans & Mushrooms by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Linguine with Spicy Red Clam Sauce by Supper for a Steal
- Baked Stuffed Pork Chops with Moscato Gravy by Webicurean
- Moscato Orange Chicken with Olives by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Moscato Stone Crab Scampi by Family Foodie
- Mushroom Risotto by The Messy Baker
- Portabellas Stuffed with Cabernet Onions and Gorgonzola by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Red Wine Risotto by Shockingly Delicious
- Short Ribs With Pasta by Magnolia Days
- Pomegranate White Wine Panna Cotta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Fudgy Red Wine Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Red Wine Chocolate Cake by Alida’s Kitchen
- Red Wine Velvet Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? Click here → Sunday Supper Movement
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.