Are you looking for a special dish to make for your loved one? Or one to use when entertaining friends and family? Then you are at the right place. Shrimp Arnean is a delicious, Mediterranean inspired appetizer sure to please. I have made it for many years and always get requests for the recipe. There is something wonderful about the way the flavors infuse into the shrimp. It all comes together and makes the shrimp simply scrumptious. (Say that 3 times).
The recipe calls for 1½ to 2 pounds of shrimp. You may think that is a lot to make for two people. At least until you taste it. Then you will be happy to know there is extra to nibble on later. This is one of those midnight raid the refrigerator foods. The recipe is a good amount for a party and easy to double or triple for larger events. The majority of the preparation is done the day before so it is quick and easy on the day of your event.
Valentine’s Day is approaching. The Around The Family Table group came together to help you plan a romantic dinner for your special someone. We are featuring recipes for all the courses, including cocktails. I immediately thought of Shrimp Arnean as soon as the event was mentioned. Shrimp is romantic not only for the color but also the shape. Do you see how they form a heart when a couple of them are “cuddling” together?
Do you want to know more about the Romance Dinner? The team has done a fantastic job of putting together a delectable menu. Please take a few minutes to visit each one to find the luscious details and recipes:
- Champagne Cocktails by Eileen on Wine Everyday
- Shrimp Arnean by me right here (see recipe below)
- Pimento Cheese Ball by Donna on Cookistry
- Roasted Creamy Mushroom Bisque with Caramelized Onions & Creme Fraiche and Smoked Oyster Pate by Val on Val’s Food And/Or Art
- Grapefruit Pomegranate Walnut Salad by Sunithi on Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Osso Buco with Gremolata and Saffron Risotto by Rashmi on The Primilani Kitchen
- Pink Champagne Cupcakes by Nicole on Daily Dish Recipes
- Portuguese Style Chocolate Mousse by Isabel on Family Foodie
Do you have a special occasion section in your recipe file? When do you use those recipes? Be sure to add Shrimp Arnean and the other recipes to that collection. You will be glad you did.
- 1½ to 2 pounds cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp, at room temperature or cooler
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch of celery, chopped
- 1 bunch of Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- ¾ cup cider vinegar
- A few drops Tabasco® sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients together in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Cover bowl or put the mixture in a large plastic zip-top bag.
- Refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally. Take mixture out of the refrigerator about an hour before serving (olive oil may have solidified in the refrigerator and this will get it back to a liquid state at room temperature).
- Pour the mixture into a large colander to drain. Pull out the shrimp and place them into a serving bowl. Discard remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Cooked shellfish should be eaten within 2 to 3 days.