What if Valentine’s Day had an official flag? I imagine it would be filled with heart shapes and colors of white, red, and pink. The shades of red would be mostly in the pure red area. Pink would span from a hint to a very deep hue. Picking which shade for cookies seems as if it would be easy. One small overage of food coloring gel and the next thing you know you have something much darker than expected. The plan was for a lighter shade. Instead my Frosted Cream Cheese Cutout Cookies came out what I will lovingly call Pepto-Bismol pink.
The color is quite pretty anyway. At least it is to me. I think the cookies stand out and grab your attention. Sprinkles help break up the color too. And those darn sprinkles have a life of their own. They bounce like crazy. They wound up all over my kitchen no matter how I tried to contain them while sprinkling.
How are the frosted cream cheese cookies? A few adjectives come to mind first: addictive, sweet, comforting, and did I mention addictive? The cookies are rich, buttery, and made with cream cheese. The frosting is a simple buttercream made with creamy European-style butter. Sprinkles add both a decorative touch and a bit of crunch.
Do you make special Valentine treats? If so, then a list of recipes would be handy, right? All you have to do is scroll down to find 14 delicious ones that are only a click away. You can also check out another one of my favorites: Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies.
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Holiday Cookies and Candies recipe booklet published in 1986 (no longer in print).
Valentine’s Day is coming soon. I’ve teamed up with some wonderful blogger friends for another Holiday Food Party to share recipes you can make for that special someone in your life. It is a fantastic lineup of sweets and treats:
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Hi Hat Cupcakes (Gluten Free) from Pineapple and Coconut
- Frosted Cream Cheese Cutout Cookies from Magnolia Days
- White Chocolate Mousse with Frangelico from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Caramel Pretzel ‘n Chip Tart from Gotta Get Baked
- White Chocolate Cherry Brownies from The Messy Baker
- Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Sugar-Free Blueberry Yogurt Truffles from What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Cheesecake Heart Pie from Hungry Couple
- Red Velvet Heart Sandwich Cookies from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Cannoli Cones from Created By Diane
- Cherry Cheesecake Stuffed Cupcakes from Chocolate Moosey
- Nutella Brownie Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Valentines Smores Hearts from Kelly Bakes
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies from Roxana’s Home Baking
Special thanks to Jen at Jen’s Favorite Cookies our host and the one who does so much to make these Holiday Food Parties happen.