Attention chocolate lovers! I have a cake recipe for you. How does five, yes, five types of chocolate sound? It’s rich, indulgent, and incredibly chocolate-y. Warning: It will call out your name at all hours of the day and night. Calls it, whispers it, and doesn’t stop. You might get a little distracted and find yourself in the kitchen cutting a slice. It happened to me a few times. The sour cream chocolate bundt cake is like chocolate heaven for me.
This is a moist and dense cake. There is nothing fluffy about it. Sour cream makes it moist. Brushing it with a chocolate liqueur glaze while it is hot out of the oven makes it moister. Oh yea. I dust it with confectioners sugar right before serving. Otherwise it is so moist the sugar will melt. Did I mention it is rich? You could serve it with whipped cream or ice cream. I don’t need either one because I thoroughly enjoy the chocolate experience. (See my Chocolate Layer Cake).
February #BundAMonth is celebrating chocolate. I could not be happier. It gave me the excuse to bake this sour cream chocolate bundt cake again. I have baked it at least three or four times before for family and friends. I use the same bundt pan because I love the way the white confectioner’s sugar really brings out the pattern on the dark cake. I am also happy because I get to discover more chocolate cake recipes. Chocolate paradise! Just look at these fabulous ones:
- Chocolate Berry Bundt Cake by Heather from Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Balsamic Strawberry Sauce by Alice from Hip Foodie Mom
- Chocolate Chobani Bundt Cake by Carrie from Poet In The Pantry
- Chocolate Espresso Bundt Cake by Holly from A Baker’s House
- Chocolate Mini Bundts with Matcha Flowers by Kim from Ninja Baking
- Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Bundt Cake by Anita from Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Tara from Noshing With The Nolands
- Chocolate Turtle Bundt Cake by Kim from Cravings Of A Lunatic
- Deep Chocolate Be Mine Bundt by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Double Chocolate Swirled Bundt Cake by Laura from The Spiced Life
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Layered Bundt Cake by Karen from In The Kitchen With KP
- Red Wine Chocolate Bundt Cake with Mascarpone Whipped Cream by Kate from Food Babbles
- Sour Cream Chocolate Bundt Cake by Renee from Magnolia Days
- Quadruple Chocolate Bundt Cake by Dorothy from Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla and Chocolate Marble Bundt Cake by Anuradha from Baker Street
- White Chocolate Raspberry Bundt Cake by Paula from Vintage Kitchen
Are you craving chocolate yet? You should be after seeing all those cakes. The talented bakers really go all out for bundts. Besides, bundts are such fun and pretty cakes to bake. You should join in the fun too.
Here’s how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
- Simple rule: Use chocolate and bake us a Bundt for February
- Post it before February 28, 2013
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read – #BundtaMonth: Chocolate Cinnamon Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
Recipe adapted from one on Williams-Sonoma website.