Georgia peach season is in full swing. Boxes of fresh-picked fruit filled the local farmers market. The scent of the fruit drifted through the air. Vendors happily offered slices for a taste. Perfectly ripe, juicy, sweet peaches begged to be purchased. Thoughts of recipes swirled through my mind. The one that popped to the top of the list was peach spice bundt cake.
My days were filled with spices. A recent bad cold had me sipping hot tea with honey for relief. Chai is my hot tea of choice. The earthy aroma of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg comforts the soul. A cake to match the Chai flavors with the freshness of fruit was in order. The moist cake was as comforting as the tea. Summer called for a lighter hand with the spices as too much would be more reminiscent of winter. This is a cake fitting for the season. A simple cinnamon glaze is all that is needed. I served it with whipped cream and some chopped fresh peaches. Double the fruit works for me.
What is your favorite way to enjoy peaches? Do you slice them up and eat as a snack? Perhaps churn a batch of peaches and cream frozen yogurt? Or bake a cake with them? Peach cakes are what August Bundt-A-Month is all about. Scroll down to see the list and join me in visiting each one.
Ready for more bundts? These 15 gorgeous cakes with peaches will be inspiration enough for you to bake with us this month:
- Balsamic Peach Bundt Cake by Kate from Food Babbles
- Bellini Bundt Cake with Champagne Glaze by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Brown Sugar Peach Bundt Cake by Veronica from My Catholic Kitchen
- Caramelized Peaches and Cinnamon Bundt Cake by Anuradha from Baker Street
- Cream Cheese and Peach Bundt Cake by Kathya from Basic N Delicious
- Frangipane Peach Bundt by Sandra from Sweet Sensations
- Momotaro Peach Boy Cake by Kim from Ninja Baking
- Peaches and Cream Bundt Cake by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Peach Bundt with Raspberry Jam Swirl by Holly from A Baker’s House
- Peach Bundt Cake with Amaretto Cream Glaze by Roz from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peachy Buttermilk Bundt by Anita from Hungry Couple
- Peach Cinnamon Swirl Bundt Cake by Lora from Cake Duchess
- Peach Spice Bundt Cake by Renee from Magnolia Days
- Peach Streusel Bundt Cake by Anne from From My Sweetheart
- Vinho Verde Pound Cake with Peaches & Blueberries by Laura from The Spiced Life
Here’s how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
- Simple rule: Bake us a peach bundt
- Post it before August 31, 2013
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read – #BundtaMonth: Peach Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
Even more bundt fun! Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.