A craving was sparked with a recent group event. A couple of the swirly Bundt-A-Month recipes featured a cinnamon pecan swirl that called out to me. The mere sight of the intense cinnamon inside the cakes distracted me. The only way to get it out of my system was to bake something to satisfy the craving. Only what to bake was the question. It was soon answered with the discovery of a cinnamon swirl quick bread and the arrival of a large package.
The large package was heavy and cool. It was filled with ice packs keeping containers of yogurt chilled. The nice folks at Chobani had sent a variety pack. They spotted my Orange Blueberry Yogurt Bundt Cake and thought I might enjoy their products. Well, as it turns out, Chobani Greek yogurt is the only yogurt I have purchased in years. I eat yogurt as a snack almost every day. I bake with it often too. You can only imagine how thrilled I was with the package.
Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread is dense and moist. It is probably one of the moistest quick breads I have ever made. I attribute it to the combination of Greek yogurt and butter. The bread is separated with intense cinnamon layers. Add more to the mix if you want to bump up the intensity. Toasting a slice would give an additional crunch. Microwaving a slice for a few seconds will warm it and release more of the heavenly cinnamon aroma.
What has sparked a craving for you lately? Mine was because of Karen with her Cinnamon Pecan Praline Bundt and Stacy with her Cinnamon Pecan Swirl Bundt. It was satisfied with this Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread made with Greek yogurt. Thanks so much Chobani for the package! Stay tuned to see what else I whip up in the kitchen with it.
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar*
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- ½ cup whole milk, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9- X 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk or stir together the brown sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, vanilla, yogurt, and milk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Spread ⅓ of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinke ½ of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture evenly over the batter.
- Repeat with ⅓ more of the batter and remaining ½ of brown sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Spread remaining ⅓ of the batter on top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool bread in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove bread from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Recipe inspired by one on the Naturally Ella website.
Disclosure: I received a variety pack of Greek yogurt from Chobani at no charge. I was under no obligation to give a review, positive or otherwise. All opinions are my own unless otherwise stated or contained within a guest post.