Thousands of tiny bubbles are rising to the surface. Each one is a perfect round ball reflecting images from outside the glass. Some bubbles burst as they hit the surface and others stay to float around the top. The moments of our life are like those glistening spheres. We have thousands of moments within a year. Some pass without notice. Others hang on to become cherished memories. Our reflections from the past can make us smile as we carry those precious ones into the coming year. I plan to sip on an Apricot Fizz and watch the bubbles rise as I think about many wonderful moments of this year.
The days pass so quickly. It seems as if time speeds up and before you know it another year ends. A week ago it was spring. How did winter get here so fast? A day or two ago I was meeting many of my Sunday Supper friends at the Food and Wine Conference. Oh wait, that was July. Has it really been five months since then? Wow. Now we are coming together virtually to share our reflections and resolutions along with recipes for remembering the past year or bringing in the new one.
Apricot Fizz is a sparkly, fruity cocktail. It’s very easy to make. Pour an ounce of homemade Apricardamom liqueur in a flute and top it with sparkling wine or champagne. I recommend using brut or extra-dry sparkling wine since the liqueur has a sweetness of its own. You can use apricot brandy if you haven’t had a chance to make Apricardamom.
What are your most cherished memories of the past year? Have you made any resolutions for the coming one? I don’t make resolutions however I do set goals. One immediate goal is to visit each one of the posts from Sunday Supper bloggers in the list below. Join me in the fun of reading their heartfelt words and discovering great recipes. Big thanks to Constance of The Foodie Army Wife for hosting our event.
- 1 ounce Apricardamom or apricot brandy
- Sparkling wine or champagne (brut or extra-dry recommended)
- Pour the Apricardamom (or apricot brandy) in a flute glass and fill the glass with sparkling wine.
Are you ready for the New Year? Check out these recipes for your celebration and beyond:
- Snowman Eggnog Pancakes from Shockingly Delicious
- Baked Oatmeal from In The Kitchen With Audrey and Maurene
- Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding from girlichef
- New Year’s Brezel from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
Appetizers & Snacks
- Bourbon Pecan Chocolate Popcorn from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Moroccan Cigars from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Baked Camembert with Caramel and Pecans from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pancetta & Goat Cheese Crostinis from Country Girl in the Village
- Sweet and Savory Mixed Nuts from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Glazed Snickerdoodle Bars with Walnuts from Pies and Plots
- Champagne Shrimp and Pasta from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Main Dishes & Sides
- Minestrone Any Way from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Pecan-Crusted Rainbow Trout from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Mushroom Risotto from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Zapiekanka (Polish ‘pizza’) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Hoppin’ John for Good Luck from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Italian Vegetable Soup from The Foodie Army Wife
- Chicken Stuffed with Prosciutto and Mozzarella from Family Foodie
- Black-Eye Pea and Greens Casserole and Wine Pairings from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Desserts & Drinks
- Candied Bacon Bourbon Bloody Mary from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Peanut & Pretzel Bark from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Almond and Cherry Blondies from Mess Makes Food
- Apricot Fizz from Magnolia Days
- Celebration Mimosas from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Dark Chocolate Cake Doughnuts from What Smells So Good?
- Gluten Free Cronuts from No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Spiced Cranberry Apple Crisp from Neighborfood
- Blood Orange Mimosas from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? Click here: Sunday Supper Movement