How busy is your schedule these days? Cooking can be difficult to do when there is so much happening. It is worth it though, especially for the cherished time when family gathers around the table for a good meal. A little planning and the right recipes can make the task easier. Sesame noodles with shrimp and vegetables is one of those right recipes. It is a tasty Asian inspired dish and the leftovers make great lunches or meals on the go.
Links to more recipes can be found a little further in this post. The Sunday Supper bloggers are spotlighting selected ones from The Mom 100 Cookbook by Katie Workman. The cookbook is written for moms looking for recipes and solutions to cooking dilemmas and picky eaters. It also has tips on what kids can do and how they can help in the kitchen. The book is a nice resource for moms wanting to cook at home. I am sure dads who cook would benefit from it also.
My recipe is adapted from one in the cookbook. I transformed the sesame noodles to a main dish by adding shrimp and assorted vegetables. I increased the amounts needed for the sauce by about a half because of the additional ingredients. I added fish sauce to give an little extra seafood flavor. I substituted angel hair pasta because I like super thin noodles. It is so good. How good? I ate a giant bowl of it for dinner and then had some at 10:00am the next day for a mid-morning snack. It was incredible the next day even cold right out of the fridge.
Check out all the recipes featured in today’s event. Links to the blogs and twitter handle for the bloggers are beside each recipe title:
- Japanese Restaurant Salad with Carrot-Ginger Dressing – Shockingly Delicious – @shockinglydlish
- Spicy Ranch Bacon & Avocado Quesadilla – Daily Dish Recipes – @nicolehcook
- Grilled Pear, Goat Cheese, and Pancetta Pizza – Mama Momma Mom – @mamamommamom
- Turkey Meat Sauce – The Meltaways – @MrsMeltaway
- Lasagna with Turkey Meat Sauce – GirliChef – @girlichef
- Salsa Chicken Quesadilla with a Homemade Cilantro Chimichurri – Juanita’s Cocina – @juanitascocina
- Individual Grilled Pizzas – Big Bears Wife – @bigbearswife
- Beans and Cheese Quesadila with Tomato Salad – Basic n Delicious – @basicndelicious
- Grill Roasted Honey Ginger Chicken – Are you Hungry? – @redkathy
- One-Pot Arroz con Pollo Cuban Style – Comfy Cuisine – @trish0605
- Sesame Noodles With Shrimp and Vegetables – Magnolia Days – @reneedobbs
- Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Casserole – Doggie at The Dinner Table – @doggieatdinner
- Arroz con Pollo Puerto Rican Style – Cooking by the seat of our pants – @cbsop
- Rice Toppings of Garlic, Lemon, Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Summer Pineapple – The Queen’s Notebook – @mango_queen
- Pizza Quesadillas – Meal Planning Magic – @mealplanmom
- Sesame Noodles – Cupcakes and Kale Chips – @CupcakeKaleChip
- Lasagna Parcels with Turkey Meat Sauce – Small Wallet Big Appetite – @wallet_appetite
- Grilled Chicken Pita Sandwich – Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again – @shlylais
- Grilled Breakfast Pizza & Sauteed Corn & Spinach Grilled Pizza – Momma’s Meals – @mommasmeals
- Sauteed Corn, Spinach, Bacon and Scallions – Mama’s Blissful Bites – @mamapoolecooks
- Thai Style Sesame Glass Noodle - My Trials in the Kitchen – @seetfei
- Caramelized Onion & Flank Steak Quesadilla – In The Kitchen with KP – @InTheKitchenKP
- Teriyaki Skewers – Real Best Recipe – @realbestrecipe
- Skillet Spinach Corn with Edamame Cilantro & Bacon Bits – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz – @ssunithi
- Pulled Pork with Papa Mike’s Cole Slaw – In the Kitchen with Audrey – @audreysmamma
- Sauteed Corn, Spinach Bacon and Scallions – That Skinny Chick Can Bake – @thatskinnychick
- Arroz con Pollo Portuguese Style – Family Foodie – @familyfoodie
- Fudgy One Pot Brownies – Mrs. Mama Hen – @MrsMamaHen
- Simple Vanilla Cupcakes - Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks – @HezziD
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares – Chocolate Moosey – @chocolatemoosey
- Butterscotch-Bacon Apple Cookies – What Smells So Good? – @jo_jo_ba
Wine pairings – Wine Everyday – @wineeveryday
The Sunday Supper team is giving away three copies of The Mom 100 Cookbook. You can enter to win by joining in the live twitter chat with the cookbook author, Katie Workman, from 7:00pm to 8:00pm ET today (Sunday. July 22nd). Chat with Katie about being a mom, family, her cookbook, and enjoying a meal around the family table. Remember to use the #SundaySupper hashtag in your tweets.
The fun begins before the live chat too. We will be sharing recipes all afternoon and want to share yours too. Starting at 3:00pm ET, tweet your recipes and food photos with the #SundaySupper hashtag. Continue the fun by following the #SundaySupper with The Mom 100 Cookbook Pinterest board where you can find even more great recipes and cooking inspiration.
Connect with Katie Workman, author of The Mom 100 Cookbook:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/katieworkman100
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/katieworkman100
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/katieworkman100
- Website: www.themom100.com
- Buy The Mom 100 Cookbook
What do you cook on super busy days? It is nice to have a variety of recipes on hand for those times. Get the cookbook and bookmark these fabulous recipes to add to your collection. Good stuff for sure!