What would October be without pumpkins? It is the first thing I think of because of ending the month with the fun of Halloween. One of my favorite things to do is to go pumpkin shopping with my friend, Terry. Each year I am amazed at all the varieties. The colors and shapes are festive all on their own. And, of course, holiday baking season kicks off too. A great one to start with is a Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake with a cream cheese glaze.
The spices in this cake are right for fall. They also pair well with the flavor of pumpkin. Put them all together in a cake and you have one special treat. Yep, I had to use that word….trick or treat!! I will take a treat over being tricked. Nothing tricky about making this cake either. It is fairly easy because it involves mostly whisking and stirring.
Pumpkin is the featured ingredient for October’s #BundtAMonth. Take a look at these wonderful recipes:
- Anuradha from Baker Street – Pumpkin and Chocolate Marble Bundt Cake
- Carrie from Poet In The Pantry - White Chocolate Cranberry Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Deb from knitstamatic – Pumpkin Orange Cardamom Bundt
- Dorothy from Shockingly Delicious - Spiced Pumpkin Pecan Bundt Cake with Maple Glaze
- Kate from Food Babbles – Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Katerina from DietHood – Pumpkin Spice Latte Bundt Cake with Espresso Whipped Cream
- Karen from In The Kitchen With KP - Pumpkin and Nutella Bundt Cake
- Lora from Cake Duchess – Pumpkin Streusel Bundt Cake with Pumpkin Glaze
- Laura from The Spiced Life - Glazed Orange Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Paula from Vintage Kitchen - Rum Glazed Pumpkin Orange Bundt Cake
Do you cook with pumpkin? If so, sweet or savory? If not, do you carve pumpkins for Halloween? Would you believe I have never carved a pumpkin? Perhaps I will this year. It is always good to do something different and new.
Anuradha and Lora will pick an ingredient and announce it the first week of every month. All you Bundt loving bakers need to do is use your imagination on how you’d like to incorporate it and bake a Bundt – mini Bundt or large Bundt – and link it up to their blogs throughout the month. It’s that simple!
Here’s how to bake with #BundtaMonth:
- Bake your bundt for October following the theme – Pumpkin.
- Post it before October 31, 2012.
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title should read – #BundtaMonth: Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt)
- Join the bundt baking party! Share your link it to our blog hop by clicking here or here.
- Link back to both Anuradha and Lora’s announcement posts.
Recipe adapted from one by Carroll Pellegrinelli on About.com