Simple and fresh. What a wonderful theme for this week’s #SundaySupper. Although summer officially starts on June 20th, it seems like it has already arrived. I can see how a lot of folks would rather be outside enjoying the season than spending hours in the kitchen. Simple recipes make it easy to cook a good meal and allow more time for summer fun.
The simple and fresh theme came from LAND O LAKES®. The Sunday Supper bloggers were given the opportunity to develop and share recipes with using their new Butter With Olive Oil & Sea Salt. I was so excited because LAND O LAKES® is the brand of butter I have used for many, many years. I went out and purchased this new product immediately. I could not wait to try it.
I wanted to share a recipe with butter as the highlight. As I looked around for ideas, I remembered I had this pretty croxetti pasta. The patterns in the pasta give it an elegant touch. They also help to hold the butter sauce onto the pasta.
A plain butter sauce would not be enough. I wanted to do more than just stirring butter into pasta. I chose to use fresh thyme to bring in flavor. Herbs bring a freshness to any dish. I happen to have plenty of thyme around the house.
The simple recipe has many options. You can prepare and serve it with just the three ingredients. You can top it with Parmesan cheese or toasted nuts like pinenuts or walnuts. Add cooked chicken, turkey, or shrimp to make it a main dish instead of a side. Spinach would be another great choice. There are many possibilities to use what you have on hand.
Want more recipes? The Sunday Supper bloggers have some incredible ones this week:
- Ravioli Florentine with Spinach and Butter Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books &Cooks
- Roasted Salmon & Asparagus with grilled Garlic Bread by Daily Dish Recipes
- Steak with Blue Cheese Butter by In the Kitchen with KP
- Pasta with Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Fettucini with Cream Sauce and Turkey Sausage by Val’s Food and or Art
- Butter Burgers by Ultra Epicure
- Bacon and Havarti Quiche by Juanita’s Cocina
- Glazed Chicken with Butter Pecan Rice by Momma’s Meals
- Crusty French Bread with Sun-Dried Tomato and Parmesan Herb Butter by The Weekend Gourmet
- Chicken Scallopini by Diabetic Foodie
- Pasta with Butter Thyme Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Chicken Tikka Masala by Melissa Likes to Eat
- White Bean Ragout with Grilled Garlic Bread by Comfy Cuisine
- Wild Raisin Nut Rice Pilaf with Olive Butter & Sea Salt by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Olive Oil & Sea Salt Pan Seared Scallops with Quinoa by Big Bears Wife
- Flank Steak with Garlic and Wild Mushrooms by Family Spice
- Bay Scallop Gratin by An Appealing Plan
- Simple and Fresh Tuna Steak Fajitas by Family Foodie
- Sole Meuniere by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Jalapeno Cheddar Butter by Damn Delicious
- Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Dinner, Dishes and Desserts
- Sage Cornbread Muffins with Cranberry Orange Butter by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Easy Onion Focaccia Rolls by The Meltaways
- Whole Wheat Biscuits by Cookistry
- Buttery Garlic Knots by From My Corner of Saratoga
- Herbed Cheese Bread with Pancetta and Onions by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Warm Balsamic Green Beans by Chip Chip Hooray
- Buttery Herbed Potatoes by The Messy Baker Blog
- Grilled Basil Butter Corn by Supper for a Steal
- Mashed Potatoes with Herb Butter and Cheese by Basic and Delicious
- Linguine with Clam Sauce by The Pig and The Fig
Please take the time to visit these wonderful blogs. Also be sure to follow LAND O LAKES® on twitter, @LandOLakesKtchn, and like their facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/LandOLakes. Check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest board to find even more recipes.
Would you like to try this butter? How about for free? I have two coupons to give away. The coupons were provided by LAND O LAKES® and are good for one free package of LAND O LAKES® Butter With Olive Oil & Sea Salt Half Sticks (up to $4.99 value). Leave a comment answering this question: What is your favorite recipe made with butter? I will pick the two recipes that sound the yummiest to me. Good luck!
Disclosure: The author received a full-value coupon redeemable for LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.
About LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt: Land O’Lakes is expanding its popular line of half-stick butter with the introduction of LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. This new product contains wholesome ingredients: sweet cream, olive oil and sea salt. LAND O LAKES® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt is an easy and convenient way to simply enhance the flavor of your favorite foods. Available in a premeasured half-stick size, this new product can be used for topping and cooking a variety of foods, combining the two ingredients consumers often combine separately when frying or sautéing foods. The delicious taste of butter and olive oil will add delicious flavor to any dish.