Who is your favorite celebrity chef? Television and cooking shows have certainly given some chefs widespread popularity. Some I could watch anytime and others not so much. I watched The Food Network almost every day after I became a Domestic Goddess. I saw many shows several times over. I learned a lot and was inspired to try new things in the kitchen.
There are a few Food Network chefs that I watched most often. I admit I have not watched any food or cooking shows in a while. Cooking, baking, gardening, and blogging has taken the place of most of my TV watching time. When I did watch it, these were the chefs that stood out to me:
- Alton Brown – because of his humor and the information he provided.
- Giada De Laurentiis – because she would include family in her shows and how much I wish I could eat as much chocolate as she supposedly does and be that thin.
- Paul Deen – because of Southern food and they way she can laugh at herself and make others laugh too. She has a great pound cake recipe I adapted to make an Eggnog Pound Cake.
- Emeril Lagasse – because his variety of recipes, especially the cajun/creole and Portuguese ones.
- Ina Garten – because of her love of entertaining, flowers, and gardening.
- Bobby Flay – because of his recipes for grilling.
Today’s Sunday Supper is about favorite chefs. Picking a favorite is difficult for me. I like many for different reasons. I decided to share one of Ina Garten’s recipes (slightly adapted). I have made this brownie tart on several occasions. It is rich and very chocolate-y. The sauce makes it even more rich and chocolate-y. Serve it with ice cream or whipped cream if you need to cut the chocolate richness with something. Me? I’ll take all that deep chocolate richness all by itself. Mmmm…
Check out these celebrity chef recipes from the Sunday Supper team:
Starters or Snacks:
- Martin at ENOFYLZ Wine Blog - Oyster and Brie Soup and Wine Pairings for Celebrity Chef #SundaySupper
- Linda at The Urban Mrs. - Inspired by Bobby Flay, Lobster Chowder with Roasted Corn Salsa
- Erin from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts - Rachael Ray’s Cinnamon Popcorn
- Cindy over at Cindy’s Recipes and Writings - Jamie Oliver’s Bread and Tomato Soup
- Jeff at The Catholic Foodie - Drop Biscuits – Breakfast with Chef John Besh
- Renee over at Kudos Kitchen By Renee - Giada De Laurentiis’ Garlic Toasts With Red Pepper Aioli
The Main Dish:
- Sheila at Cooking Underwriter – Paula Deen’s Chicken in a Crock Pot w/ Sauerkraut and Apples
- Laura over at Small Wallet Big Appetite – Martin Yan’s Beef Chow Fun
- Sarah over at Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends - Michael Symon’s Lola burger with crab tater tots
- Susan at The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen - Ina Garten’s Baked Shrimp Scampi
- Tammi at Momma’s Meals – Ree Drummond’s Sloppy Joe’s
- Lane over at Supper for a Steal - Bobby Flay’s Rosemary Bricked Chicken
- Tara from Noshing with the Nolands - Michael Symon’s Pork and Apple Scallopini
- Shannon at Country Girl in the Village – Simple Red Sauce over Rigatoni. Inspired by, Debi Mazar and Gabriele Corcos
- Kris over at In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maurene - Rachael Ray’s Muffin Tin Meatloaf
- Nicole from The Daily Dish Recipes - Paula Deen’s Slow Cooker Pulled Pickled Pork Sandwiches
- Becca from It’s Yummilicious - Ina Garten’s Grown Up Bacon Mac & Cheese
- Alice at Hip Foodie Mom - Sunday Pot Roast with Risotto Cakes from Kelsey Nixon
- Jen over at Juanita’s Cocina - The Neely’s White Turkey Chili
- Brianne from Cupcakes & Kale Chips - Crockpot Beef Pot Roast with Mushrooms inspired by Giada DeLaurentiis
- Isabel at Family Foodie - Polenta with Garlicky Shrimp inspired by Chef Todd English
- Wendy from The Weekend Gourmet - Shrimp Penne in Pesto Cream Sauce, From Emeril Lagasse
- Bobbi over at Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen - Cheesy Poblano Chicken
- Patti at Comfy Cuisine - Tyler Florence’s Chicken Francese
- Roxanne over at The Roxx Box - Jambalaya Pasta with Penne, Chicken, Shrimp and Andouille
- Sue from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz – Rachael Ray’s Spicy Corn Chowdah Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- Jamie at Mama Mommy Mom - Penne with Asparagus, Smoked Gouda and Prosciutto. Adapted from, Giada De Laurentiis’
- Tora over at Tora’s Real Food – Pork and beans with Alton Brown’s pickled pork
- Elisabeth over at The Hand That Rocks The Ladle - Emeril’s New Orleans Style Red Beans & Rice
- Megan from I Run For Wine - Curtis Stone’s Acorn Squash Roasted with Thyme
- Sandi over at Midlife Road Trip - Gabriele Corcos’s Gnocchi di Patate
- Shelby at Diabetic Foodie - Orange Pecan Black Rice, adapted from Ina Garten
- Katie from She likes Ruffles, He likes Truffles - Chef Fabio Viviani’s Spinach and Artichoke Risotto
- Renee over at Magnolia Days – Brownie Tart
- Conni at The Foodie Army Wife - Inspired by Ree Drummond – Scrumptious Apple Coffee Cake
- Paula over at Vintage Kitchen Notes - Bill Granger´s Cherry Tart
- Pam from The Meltaways – Savannah Sheet Cake
- Katy over at Happy Baking Days - Mary Berry’s Treacle Tart
- Jaime over at Mom’s Test Kitchen - Southern Tea Cakes
- Amy over at Kimchi MOM - Crack Pie, I Can’t Quit You
- Lyn from The Lovely Pantry - Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Squares
- Melanie at From Fast Food to Fresh Food – Sand Tarts
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check our our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Recipe adapted from one by Ina Garten on The Food Network website.