What do s’mores and camping have in common? It could be a campfire. Or perhaps the great outdoors. For me it is the number one. I have been on one official camping trip and I have eaten one official s’more. Both did involve me being outside. One I could embrace happening again and the other not so much. Can you guess? Here’s a clue: Graham Cracker Bundt Cake S’mores.
I have to admit real camping is not for me. We did give it our 100% try though. We even bought a tent, sleeping bags, and air mattress for the occasion. It was a miserable, cold night and one I would not want to do again. I prefer glamping (short for glamorous camping) in nice cabins with all the amenities of a house. Anyway, I could go on yet I’d rather expand on a tasty treat. What’s the first thing to do to make it? Bake mini graham cracker bundt cakes.
Next step is to gather the rest of the supplies: chocolate, marshmallows, and some wine. Okay, wine isn’t in the treat. However, it sure is nice to sip while making the s’mores. This time I’m showcasing two Natura wines; Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon. All their wines are made with organically grown grapes.
Now comes the fun part. You slice one of those tasty little bundt cakes in half. Pile on some chocolate. Toast a marshmallow. Put that hot, melted marshmallow on the chocolate and press it down with the top half of the cake. Be careful! Don’t burn your fingers or mouth with that molten gooeyness. Let it melt the chocolate and cool just a touch. Now take a big bite of pure deliciousness. Oh yes!
What chocolate to use in Graham Cracker Bundt Cake S’mores? You could go the traditional route with Hershey’s chocolate. Go super rich with a caramel filled chocolate square. A luscious option is Nutella or your favorite chocolate spread. There are many possibilities.
Do you enjoy s’mores? And cake too? Scroll down to find a list of s’mores inspired bundt cakes. Get your chocolate and marshmallows ready for a baking adventure. Take a look at my Chocolate Caramel Hot Cocoa Brownies for something with those two ingredients that isn’t s’mores. Or check out Chunky Dark Chocolate Bars for a combo of chocolate and graham crackers. Big thanks to Lauren of From Gate to Plate for hosting Bundt Bakers this month and giving us the fun S’mores theme.
Graham Cracker Bundt Cake S'mores
For the cakes:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
For the s'mores:
- Chocolate candy bars
- Chocolate hazelnut spread
For the cakes:
Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a mini bundt cake pan (12 cakes). Place 4 or 5 cupcake liners in a muffin pan (to use the extra batter).
Cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
Add eggs and vanilla, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
Add flour mixture to creamed mixture in three additions, alternately with half-and-half in two additions, mixing on low speed until just combined. Do not over-mix.
Spoon batter into bundt cake cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Spoon remaining batter into cupcake liners.
Bake the mini bundts for 13 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Bake the cupcakes 15 to 17 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Note: I baked the mini bundt cakes first then the cupcakes.
Cool cakes in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove cakes from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Use mini bundt cakes for the s'mores.
Frost cupcakes with chocolate hazelnut spread or your desired frosting. You can also freeze plain/unfrosted cupcakes to frost and enjoy later.
For the s'mores:
Cut mini bundt cakes in half horizontally. Place chocolate candy bar or spoon chocolate hazelnut spread on bottom half of cake.
Toast marshmallows one at a time by placing it on a skewer. Hold and rotate it over a flame or stove-top heating element until outside has browned and inside softens.
Carefully place toasted marshmallow on top of chocolate and remove skewer.
Tip: to help prevent the inside of the marshmallow from pulling out and sticking to the skewer, put a fork next to the marshmallow with the skewer between the fork tines then pull out the skewer.
Cover marshmallow with top half of cake.
S'mores are best made individually and enjoyed while marshmallows are warm.
Use caution with hot, just-toasted marshmallows as they can burn hands or mouth.
Graham Cracker Bundt Cake S'mores are an incredible treat. Chocolate and hot toasted marshmallows are sandwiched in mini graham cracker bundt cakes.
Mini bundt cakes recipe adapted from Graham Cracker Pound Cake on the Food & Wine website.
Time to add a few things to your shopping list. Go ahead a write down chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers. You will be inspired after you see these s’mores inspired bundt cake recipes:
- Autumn Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Caramel Apple S’mores Bundt by Taking on Magazines
- Carrot Graham Mini Bundts with White Chocolate Chips and Marshmallow Glaze by Passion Kneaded
- Chocolate Bundt with Marshmallow Graham Filling by Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Graham Cracker Bundt Cake with Roasted Strawberry Marshmallow Filling by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cookie Crumble Peanut Butter S’more Bundt Cake by Baking in Pyjamas
- Deconstructed S’more Bundt Cake by Cali’s Cuisine
- Graham Cracker Bundt Cake S’mores by Magnolia Days
- Graham Cracker Bundt with Chocolate Ganache and Toasted Marshmallow Frosting by Food Lust People Love
- Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Bundt with Marshmallow Topping by Our Good Life
- Inside Out S’mores Bundt Cake by Liv for Cake
- Key Lime S’more Bundt Cake by Patty’s Cake
- Mexican Chocolate S’more Bundt Cake by Tartacadabra
- Nutella Glazed S’more Bundt Cake by I Bake He Shoots
- Nutella S’mores Bundt Cake by Brunch with Joy
- Oreo Grasshopper S’more Bundt by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pretzels Crown in a S’more Bundt Cake by Los Chatos Chefs
- Pumpkin S’mores Bundt by Living the Gourmet
- Pumpkin S’mores Bundt Cake by How to Philosophize with Cake
- S’moreo Caramel Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
- S’mores Bundt Cake by From Gate to Plate
- S’mores Bundt Cake by La mejor manera de hacer
- S’mores Bundt Cake by I Love Bundt Cakes
- S’mores Graham Cracker Bundt Cake by The Spiced Life
- Salted Marshmallow and Graham Crack S’more Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
What is Bundt Bakers? It’s a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Bundt Bakers Pinterest board for incredible bundt cake recipes and inspiration. Stacy of Food Lust People Love heads up our group and has a #BundtBakers page where you can find information and links to the recipes for each month.
How is the monthly theme determined? We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. Links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.
Disclosure: I received a package from Natura containing 2 bottles of wine, a backpack, and coffee cup at no charge. I was under no obligation to post a review.
Kayle (The Cooking Actress)
Sunday 4th of October 2015
YAAAAAAAAS! These are so frickin brilliant and I adore s'mores in any form. And these bundt cakes are THE CUTEST
Monday 5th of October 2015
Thanks so much Kayle and I can't wait to make more mini bundts with my new pan too.
Sunday 27th of September 2015
This is seriously just genius! :D :D :D
I love this idea and I cannot wait to try it next time...so cute for guests ^_^
Olivia @ livforcake
Tuesday 22nd of September 2015
Lol, I am right there with you on the glamping. Sign me up for that! Regular camping... not so much, though we did it SO much as a kid and I loved every minute of it (we had a camper though -- tents are not my thing).
These mini-Bundt s'mores look heavenly and your pics are stunning as usual! Dreamy!
Monday 21st of September 2015
I already saw those on your Facebook page, these are the cutest ones ever seen, love them!! Great idea to sandwich them and make them look like authentic S'more mini cakes :-) Sunshine from Spain XX Lara
[email protected] Freshman Cook
Saturday 19th of September 2015
These are the cutest things ever! I love your suggestion of using a caramel filled chocolate- what a great idea!