Have you finished your holiday shopping yet? I haven’t. Christmas is in a few days and I still have to get gifts. I have to do other shopping too like getting groceries for the two family holiday dinners I’m hosting. Are you in a similar situation? The wonderful thing about Monster Cookies Mix is that you can get everything for it while your are at the grocery store. A one stop shop solution.
The cookies mix recipe came from a cookbook. Not just any cookbook, one that is all about Desserts in Jars. I had absolutely no clue what all could be done with jars until I got this book. I grew up thinking mason jars were for two things: canning and holding small things like screws, nuts, and bolts. Now I see all kinds of ways to use the jars for baking, serving, and for special presents.
Making the mix is easy. You can decorate the jar with your own homemade label or download one from the author’s website. I made my label with the help of my amazingly talented friend, Terry. I am craft challenged and could never have done it without her. Remember to include the instructions on how to make the cookies when you give it as a gift.
I have a suggestion for an awesome gift. Put the book and some jars or a Monster Cookie Mix in a basket and wrap with holiday gift cellophane. You can find the book at Target, World Market, or on Amazon. Click on the photo of the book to go to Amazon where you can order it online:
Or would you like to win a copy of the book? I am one of ten bloggers giving away a copy of Desserts In Jars. To enter to win from me all you have to do is to leave a comment letting me know which dessert you would like to see in a jar. A winner will be chosen using Random.org and notified by email. This giveaway is open to United States residents only. Contest closes December 26, 2012 at 11:59pm Eastern Time.
Want more chances to win? Be sure and stop by to see our bloggers this week and be sure to enter their give-away as well! That’s right, nine more chances to win a copy!
- Karen from In the Kitchen with KP - Pull Apart Cinnamon Bread
- Nicole from Daily Dish Recipes – Banana Buttermilk Trifles
- Pam from The Meltaways – Spiced Hot Chocolate Mix with Cinnamon Marshmallows
- Heather from girlichef - Orange White-Chocolate Cheesecakes w/ Cranberry Sauce
- Sunithi from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz – Cherry Almond Squares
- Amber from Mama’s Blissful Bites – Campfire Bars Mix
- Renee from Magnolia Days – Monster Cookies Mix (here!)
- Jamie from Mama.Mommy.Mom - Pumpkin Cheesecakes with a Gingersnap Crust
- Jen from Juanita’s Cocina - Basil Strawberry Lemonade Granita
- Lane from Supper For a Steal - Strawberry Shortcakes
Disclosures: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Harvard Commons Press. The opinions and text are all mine. This post contains affiliate links.