Cooking is a process. Simmering, roasting, freezing, blanching, baking, and frying are just some of the way food is prepared for consumption. The blending of ingredients through these processes combines flavors and textures to give a taste experience different from the individual components. As with many things in the modern world, some of those processes are done for us to make food more convenient. Science and technology allow convenience food to be produced that will last for months or years. We utilize many convenience products in our home cooking. However, what if we explored going back to basics with using only unprocessed food? It is what I did with these Spicy Smashed Fingerling Potatoes.
How is unprocessed food defined? There are various answers to that question. For me, it is any food or product available that the ingredient list does not have mystery chemicals or products you cannot purchase as an individual food item at the grocery store or market. Strictly unprocessed would be too extreme and difficult for most people including me.
Spicy smashed fingerling potatoes are made with unprocessed ingredients. Potatoes, jalapeño pepper, and parsley are tossed with a dressing made of olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, jalapeño, garlic, onion, honey, and mustard. Seasonings are simply salt and pepper. The dressing soaks into hot potatoes through the gaps in the skin made by smashing them. Be sure to gently toss the potatoes because they will easily break apart.
Are you interested in more unprocessed food recipes? Scroll down to find a big list of ones by Sunday Supper contributors. Also look at my Golden Morning Glory Muffins for a delicious breakfast. Oh, and special thanks to DB aka Foodie Stuntman of Crazy Foodie Stunts for hosting this event.
Delicious food made with unprocessed ingredients – that is what this list is all about. There are so many great recipes to make. Join me in discovering what could be new family favorites.
Alluring Appetizers and Snacks
- Baked Beet Chips by The Dinner-Mom
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Crispy Tex-Mex Quinoa Patties by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Curried Apple Chips by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Homemade Energy Bars by The Foodie Army Wife
- Homemade Fennel-Maple Mustard by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Honey Thyme Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Raw Salted Chocolate Chip Oat Healthy Bars by Wallflour Girl
- Stuffed Peppadew Peppers by An Appealing Plan
- Autumn Panzanella by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Basic Roasted Cauliflower by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Brioche Dinner Rolls by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Homemade Hash Browns by Basic N Delicious
- Indian Spiced Dal and Sag Aloo by Happy Baking Days
- Roasted Parsnips and Carrots with Maple Syrup and Cardamom by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Spicy Smashed Fingerling Potatoes by Magnolia Days
- Stuffed Acorn Squash by Rhubarb and Honey
- Sweet Potato and Carrot Hash by Fit Foodie Runs
- Sweet Potato Fries by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sweet Potato Noodles and Brussels Sprouts Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Whole Grain, No-Knead Sourdough Bread by Peaceful Cooking
- Authentic Chicken Tinga by Shockingly Delicious
- Baked Zucchini with Spicy Tomatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken and Sweet Potatoes by MealDiva
- Chinese Five Spice Chicken Stir Fry by Nosh My Way
- Coconut Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard Dip by Casa de Crews
- Easy Slow Cooker Chili by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Fall Squash Soup by Ruffles & Truffles
- Grilled Burgers with Garlicky Arugula by Cooking Chat
- Homemade Gnocchi with Peas and Pesto by Curious Cuisiniere
- Jacket Potato Party by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mom’s Homemade Vegetarian Meatballs by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Pumpkin & Italian Sausage Pasta by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Seared Pork Stack by annaDishes
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Momma’s Meals
- White Bean Pesto Stew by eating in instead
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blondies by Pies and Plots
- Raw Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Vegan Mini Chocolate Cream Cakes by NinjaBaking.com
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.