You look at the clock and know what time it is. It’s mid-afternoon and before you know it you will be doing something about supper. It’s been a hard day and the idea of standing over a stove is not appealing. You are simply not in the mood to cook. Dining out is not an option and take-out doesn’t cut it either. What to do then? It’s simple. Make a roast beef rice noodle salad.
There is no cooking involved with this salad. Soak rice noodles in hot water until they are softened. Chop up veggies, slice an apple, whisk the dressing, tear apart sliced roast beef, and with a toss or two it is done in less than 30 minutes. You have an Asian-inspired dish loaded with snow peas, tart apple, deli-sliced roast beef, green onions, and peanuts. The dressing is made with oil, rice vinegar, lime juice, garlic, and ginger.
Roast Beef Rice Noodle Salad is a great Weekday Supper. The Sunday Supper Movement’s mission is to get families cooking and enjoying a meal at the family table. It starts with one meal and then becomes a way of life. That is where Weekday Supper helps those looking for quick and easy meals to make during the week. You can follow the #WeekdaySupper hashtag on twitter to find recipes throughout the year. Here are the recipes featured this week:
- Monday – The Foodie Army Wife – Ham & Cheese Calzones
- Tuesday – Crazy Foodie Stunts – Spaghetti Ubriachi
- Wednesday – La Cocina de Leslie – Chicken Chile Verde Quesadillas
- Thursday – Magnolia Days – Roast Beef Rice Noodle Salad
- Friday – Foxes Love Lemons – Crock Pot Teriyaki Turkey
How often do you cook during the week? I aim for at least five times. I’ve shared a few other Weekday Supper recipes too. Take a look at Calypso Pork Chops and Shrimp Fra Diavolo. Try cooking different recipes. It’s a fun adventure. You never know when you will find a new favorite.
Roast Beef Rice Noodle Salad
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tart green apple thinly sliced
- 4 ounces snow peas thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 to 5 green onions white part only, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 pound deli roast beef sliced for sandwiches
- Roasted cocktail peanuts
- Fresh cilantro
Cover the noodles with hot water in a large bowl. Let soak until tender (al dente), about 10 minutes. Drain and return to the bowl.
Whisk together oil, vinegar, lime juice, honey, ginger, garlic, and salt in a small bowl until combined to make the dressing.
Add the dressing to the noodles and toss to coat the noodles.
Add apple slices, peas, jalapeno to the noodles and gently toss to combine.
Tear the beef into bite-sized pieces and fold into the noodles.
Sprinkle cocktail peanuts on top. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
A recipe for a roast beef rice noodle salad. It is made with deli-sliced beef, rice noodles, snow peas, tart apple slices, and tossed with a simple homemade dressing.
Recipe adapted from one in the the Womans Day magazine August 2013 edition.