Summer ends and kicks off party food season. There are tailgating, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s gatherings to have. Some weddings, baby showers, and birthdays could get squeezed in between them too. All those events are what brighten up fall and winter. My eyes light up when I walk into a room and see tantalizing trays of food lined up and ready to be devoured. One that I would go to first is Pimento Cheese Stuffed Peppers.
Party preparation can get a little overwhelming. Being able to do some things in advance helps greatly. Pimento cheese can be made days ahead and it even tastes better when you do. Some chilling time in the fridge does wonders. Then all you have to do on the day you make it is get the peppers ready by cutting them in half, seeding, and removing the ribs. Fill each half with pimento cheese and put them on a platter. It is easy peasy.
Which peppers to use? There are so many choices. Mini bell peppers are colorful which makes the tray bright and cheery. Jalapeños are fantastic for those who like a kick of heat. Serrano peppers are not quite as hot as jalapeños and their size makes mini bites. Sweet cherry peppers, either jarred or fresh, are also pimentos. I used the jarred ones because I like the extra flavor from the vinegar they are packed with. My tray has a mix of all the peppers to give a variety of color, texture, spice, and flavor.
A few words about pimento cheese: Do not buy it from the store. Just don’t and trust me on that. Take the time to make it from scratch. Also take the time to grate the cheese. It does make all the difference. How much mayonnaise you use will make it creamier or “drier” in a sense. This recipe has more mayo than what I used for a Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich or Pimento Cheese Balls. I wanted it to be a little more spreadable to go in the peppers.
Are you ready for party food season? Sunday Supper contributors are sharing recipes for tantalizing trays that will make your celebration a tasty one. Scroll down to find the list and links to each. There are so many great ones to make. Special thanks to Conni of The Foodie Army Wife for hosting the event.
It’s time for party food! Check out all these recipes for tantalizing trays you can make for your next celebration:
- Antipasto Skewers by Simply Gourmet
- Bite-Sized Meatballs by MealDiva
- BLT Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- BLT Canapes by Peaceful Cooking
- BLT Crostini with Basil Mayonnaise by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Blueberry Jam and Goat Cheese Crostini by Casa de Crews
- Cajun Style Deviled Eggs by Peanut Better and Peppers
- Charcuterie Board by Family Foodie
- Cheese-Filled Apple Rounds by eating in instead
- Coquilles St. Jacques by Nosh My Way
- Crudites Tray with Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Dip by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crunchy Tuna Salad Boats by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Cucumber Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- Feta Zucchini Bites by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Thai Soup Shooters by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Figs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Heirloom Caprese Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Jalapeño Mac ‘n Cheese Bites by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Mostarda di Frutta by Rhubarb and Honey
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Peppers by Magnolia Days
- Ploughman’s Platter for a Party by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Puff Pastry Cheese Sticks by Basic N Delicious
- Rye Party Puffs by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Southwestern Turkey Sliders by The Texan New Yorker
- Spinach and Mushroom Pizza Bites by The Dinner-Mom
- The Modern Relish Tray by An Appealing Plan
- Tomato and Brie Bruschetta by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Tomato Basil Soup Shooters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Zucchini and Summer Squash Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Alice in Wonderland Sugar Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Baked Lemon Glazed Mini Donuts by Killer Bunnies
- Chocolate Oreo Pocky Cupcakes, Cake, and Morello Cherry Buttercream by NinjaBaking
- French Silk Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- German Chocolate Brownies by Wallflour Girl
- Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits (#glutenfree option) by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Raspberry Fools by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Shooters by The Redhead Baker
- Vegan Caramel Truffles by What Smells So Good?
- White Chocolate PB & Banana Bites by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Witchy Chocolate Mousse with Culinary Fairy Dust by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.