My collection of bundt pans are stacked on a shelf. Deciding which one to use sometimes comes easy and other times not so much. I’ll stand there looking to figure out the right one for a particular cake. Does it have a glaze? Or dusted with powdered sugar? Or in this case, what is the size? I truly thought the pan I used with this cake was a 12-cup one. Perhaps not or this Peach Brandy Pound Cake is one that really puffs up.
The roundness of the cake top made me laugh. My husband looked at it and said “That’s a big ‘ole cake”. Then the song “Baby Got Back” by Sir Mix-A-Lot crept into my mind and, well, this happened:
I gotta big bundt and I cannot lie
You other bakers can’t deny
When you stand in any place
With a round bundt in your face
You get hungry, need your chin wiped
’cause you notice that bundt is spiked
Deep in the batter is brandy
You’re hooked ’cause you know its dandy
Oh, bundt, I wanna bite you
And take your picture…
Peach Brandy Pound Cake is a boozy bundt. It has both peach brandy and dark rum in it. The peach flavor is light and there is only a slight peachy hint in the background. I think next time I’ll add some peach flavoring in addition to vanilla to make it peachier. Another option is to serve it with fresh peaches when they are in season.
Pounds cakes have a classic crunchy top. Well, when it is baked as a bundt it becomes the bottom. You can see the cracks in this one. Those cracks made me smile too. I knew I’d save those bites for the last because I enjoy them the most. Or cut off a chunk of that crunchy goodness when no one was looking. Just kidding. Maybe. Ahem. I did eat a regular slice though and it was right after this photo of it:
Do you enjoy boozy cakes? If so, you will have to check out the tasty bundt cake recipes below. Scroll down to see the list and visiting each one only takes a simple click. It’s an amazing list too. My fellow Bundt Bakers have really outdone themselves. Special thanks to our host Lauren of From Gate to Plate. For something else peachy, check out my Pork Roast with Peach Moscato Sauce.
Recipe adapted from one in Southern Living Our Best Christmas Recipes cookbook published in 1994.
Bring special cheers to your celebrations with boozy bundts! Take a look at these recipes by wonderful Bundt Bakers across the globe:
- Anisette and Orange Bundt Cake by Samantha at Un Mordisco Un Pecado
- Apple Bundt Cake with Whiskey Salted Caramel by Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Baba au Rhum by Terri at Love and Confections
- Banana Bourbon Bundt Cake by Linda at Brunch with Joy
- Champagne Soaked Cranberry Bundt Cake by Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Chestnut and Rum Kugelhopf by Jelena at A Kingdom for A Cake
- Chocolate Baileys Bundt Cake by Bea and Mara at I Love Bundt Cakes
- Chocolate Chambord Mini Bundt Cakes by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Chocolate Guinness Bundt by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Chocolate Kahlua Bundt Cake by Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Kahlua Bundt Cake with Kahlua Glaze by Tanya at DessertStalking Blog
- Coffee Baileys Bundt Cake by Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Frangelico and Fig Bundt Cake by Victoria at Just One Bite Baking
- Gin and Tonic Bundt by Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gingerbread Rum Bundt Cake by Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Grand Marnier and Chocolate Chips Bundt Cake with Seville Orange Sauce by Anna at Media racion doble, Por Favor
- Grand Marnier and Tangerine Bundt Cake by Caro at En la Cocina de Caro
- Guinness Chocolate Bundt Cake by Patricia at Patty’s Cake
- Irish Coffee Bundt Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Kentucky Bourbon Cake by Cassie at Cassie’s Kitchen
- Lemon Rum Bundt by Catherine at Living the Gourmet
- Limoncello Bundt Cake by Natalia at Principiando en la Cocina
- London Porter Bundt with Lemon Glaze by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Peach Brandy Pound Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Pomegranate and Chocolate with Rum Glaze by Rocio at Kidsandchic
- Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake by Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Rum Pudding Cake by Rebekah at Making Miracles
- Rum Raisin Apple Bundt by Maleka at La Luna en Dulce
- Southern Sweet Potato, Bourbon, and Pecan Bundt by Margaret at Tea and Scones
- Spiced Apple Cider Bundt Cake with Bourbon Glaze by Tux at Brooklyn Homemaker
- Tangerine Screwdriver Mini Bundts by Kelly at Passion Kneaded
What is Bundt Bakers? It’s a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Bundt Bakers Pinterest board for incredible bundt cake recipes and inspiration. Stacy of Food Lust People Love heads up our group and has a #BundtBakers page where you can find information and links to the recipes for each month.
How is the monthly theme determined? We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Would you like to join in the fun? If you are a food blogger, send an email with your blog name and url to Stacy at [email protected].