The to-do list is getting a little crazy. An already tight schedule gets even tighter in the holiday season. Decorating, shopping, wrapping, traveling, and entertaining are all thrown into the mix. Postponing any of it is not an option. A Christmas party in February is not the same. How to get through it is to find quick and easy ways that maximize your time. Recipes with commonly found ingredients and simple methods are the ones to prepare. One of them is Lemongrass Coconut Quick Bread.
Quick breads are about as simple as you can get. Most recipes for them only require basic whisking and stirring. You don’t have to deal with yeast blooming, kneading dough, and rising times prior to baking as you do with regular breads. Lemongrass has become simple too. Until recently it was a process to get the flavor into a baked good. You had to know how to prepare it plus chopping, soaking or steeping, and more. Now all you have to do is squeeze the paste from a convenient tube thanks to Gourmet Garden.
Fresh herbs are very special for me. I grow many different ones and enjoy walking out and clipping what I need. That is until this year. The weather got in the way. More than a month of daily rain followed by a dry spell took a toll on my plants. I was faced with having to purchase herbs. That lead to getting extra I didn’t use. The extra was spoiling which is not a good thing. Then I discovered the refrigerated Gourmet Garden herbs and spices in my grocery store produce section next to the fresh herbs. No more extra spoiling! They last for months in the fridge. All you have to do is use a 1:1 ratio for fresh herbs and 2:1 ratio for dried (such as 2 teaspoons of GG herb to 1 teaspoon dried herb).
How is the lemongrass coconut quick bread? It is moist with a cake-like texture. The lemongrass flavor is very subtle like a tiny whisper. It adds more of a freshness aspect and balance to the coconut. The bread is easily transportable and would be great to take to holiday events. It would also be nice to set out for overnight guests to enjoy for breakfast along with Golden Morning Glory Muffins.
Want to know more about these convenient herbs? Here’s how: Visit the Gourmet Garden website for product information, to sign up for their newsletter, and download a coupon. Follow them on twitter, facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. Check out this Easy Holiday Entertaining Pinterest board too.
How about more quick and easy recipes? All you have to do is scroll down to find a list and links to ones by Sunday Supper contributors. May your holidays be filled with many delights and you have the time to relax and enjoy the company of loved ones. Cheers!
Lemongrass Coconut Quick Bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk not light
- 3 tablespoons Gourmet Garden lemongrass paste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9- X 5-inch loaf pan.
Melt the butter and let cool to room temperature.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
Whisk together melted butter, sugar, eggs, coconut milk, lemongrass paste, and vanilla in a separate bowl until smooth and combined.
Pour liquid ingredents into dry ingredients. Stir until just combined and moistened.
Stir in coconut flakes.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool bread in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove bread from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
A recipe for Lemongrass Coconut Quick Bread. It is made with coconut flakes, coconut milk, and a convenient store-bought lemongrass paste. It is a great treat any time of the day.
Recipe adapted from one in the Pillsbury The Complete Book of Baking cookbook. (Affiliate link to Amazon where you can purchase the book)
Are you looking for more easy holiday entertaining recipes? Here are ones by Sunday Supper contributors featuring Gourmet Garden products:
- Lemongrass Ginger Pancakes for a Holiday Brunch by Daily Dish Recipes
- Buttery Herb Pull-Apart Rolls by girlichef
- Garlic and Herb Crusted Lamb Lollipops by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Thai Style Grilled Monkfish Appetizer by Soni’s Food
- Green Goddess Dip by Juanita’s Cocina
- Garlic and Herb Pizza Puffs by Alida’s Kitchen
- Herbed Goat Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato on Crostini by Supper for a Steal
- Prosciutto, Gruyere and Basil Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Thai-style Mussels by kimchi MOM
- Crispy Prosciutto Garlic Potato Soup by Family Foodie
- Carnita Style Beef by The Foodie Army Wife
- Chicken Cakes with Cilantro Garlic Mayo by The Dinner-Mom
- Coconut Lemongrass Chicken Curry- Two Ways! by Hip Foodie Mom
- Creamy Pasta with Spinach, Chili, and Walnuts by Healthy. Delicious.
- Herb and Garlic Clam Linguini by Noshing With The Nolands
- Quick Winter Marinara by The Messy Baker
- Italian Mac & Cheese Stuffed Peppers by Foxes Love Lemons
- Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Steamed Broccoli by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Lemongrass Coconut Quick Bread by Magnolia Days
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? Click here → Sunday Supper Movement
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Gourmet Garden Spices & Herbs. All opinions are my own.