Do you ever make brinner? It’s short for breakfast for dinner. I have made it a few times. I admit I went through a phase years ago of having cereal for dinner. I am so glad I got out of that phase. Cereal, at least what I was eating, isn’t exactly full of nutrition. It isn’t really filling either. That is not the case with all breakfast foods. A ham and vegetable frittata is loaded with lots of good for you veggies and protein. Serve it with a simple salad and bread and you have a complete meal.
This particular frittata involved a couple of firsts. Very good friends of mine recently decided to raise chickens. Have you ever had a super fresh “the chicken just laid it” egg? Wow. This frittata was made from the first dozen eggs I received from them. I’m hoping there will be many more from them too. It was also made with my first time using Land O Lakes® Sauté Express® Sauté Starter. The flavor from it and the fresh eggs made this the best frittata I’ve had in ages.
It was difficult to pick which Sauté Express® Sauté Starter to use. There are four flavors; Garlic & Herb, Italian Herb, Savory Butter & Olive Oil and Lemon Pepper. I decided on the Savory Butter & Olive Oil. I’m glad I did because it had a subtle flavor that enhanced the vegetables and went well with the ham.
Are you curious about Sauté Express® Sauté Starter? Well, you are in luck. There are 20 Sunday Supper bloggers (including me) sharing recipes for quick and easy meals with it:
Sauté Express® Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken Florentine Pasta by Supper for a Steal
- Creamy Lemon-Chicken w/ Artichokes by girlichef
- Chicken Parm Tenders over Spinach & Orzo by Momma’s Meals
- Sizzling Chicken and Green Bean Stir-fry with Almond Cilantro Rice by Mama.Mommy.Mom
- Garlic and Herb Chicken Fettuccine by in the Kitchen with KP
- Italian Chicken Pasta Wrap by Big Bears Wife
- Creamy Parmesan Pasta with Chicken & Mushrooms by The Messy Baker
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Shells with Chicken and Pancetta by The Foodie Army Wife
- Capellini Pomodoro with Italian Herb Chicken by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Garlic and Herb Chicken Pasta Toss by Ruffles & Truffles
Sauté Express® Fish and Seafood Recipes:
- Easy Italian Herb Shrimp Pilaf by Daily Dish Recipes
- Crabmeat stuffed Flounder Roulades by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Cod Fillet with Lemon Pepper Ginger Sauce by Kimchi Mom
- Herb Lemon Butter Tilapia with Sauteed Veggies by Crispy Bits and Burnt Ends
- Blackened Tilapia Po’ Boys by Juanita’s Cocina
- Tomato-Basil Shrimp with Orzo and Feta by The Weekend Gourmet
Sauté Express® Ham and Pork Recipes:
- Ham and Vegetable Frittata by Magnolia Days
- Savory Butter and Olive Oil Pork Chops by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Skillet Lemon Pepper Pork and Orzo by Family Foodie
Want to try the Sauté Express® Sauté Starter? How about for free? I have a two coupons to give away. Each coupon is for one package up to a $3.99 value. All you have to do to enter to win is to comment and let me know what you would make with it. One coupon per person. Giveaway for United States residents only. Comment must be made before 11:59pm Eastern Time on Saturday, February 2, 2013. Winners will be notified via email.
Are you inspired? Share your ideas for how you can add sizzle to your meal in 140 characters or less on Twitter with the hashtag, #SautéExpress. We invite you to develop your own ideas for adding Sauté Express® Sauté Starter to your regular weeknight meal rotation.
A little information on Sauté Express® Sauté Starter:
- Land O’Lakes® has an easy, delicious solution for the weeknight dinner dilemma your readers face each night – its newest innovation, Sauté Express® Sauté Starter.
- Simply toss a Sauté Express® square in a non-stick sauté pan until it begins to bubble and sizzle; add fresh chicken, pork, shrimp or fish; and sauté in less than 30 minutes for a fast and delicious meal.
- The product combines butter, olive oil, and a variety of herbs and spices into one convenient square.
- The product performs best when sautéing at medium or low heat.
- Sauté Express® Sauté Starter is available in four delicious flavors: Garlic & Herb, Italian Herb, Savory Butter & Olive Oil and Lemon Pepper. Visit SauteExpress.com for meal ideas and tips.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. We have a special Pinterest board to showcase #WeekdaySupper with Sauté Express® Sauté Starter where we will feature a new recipe every day for the next month.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.
Ham and Vegetable Frittata
- 8 to 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream half-and-half, or milk
- 1 square Land O Lakes® Sauté Express® Sauté Starter Savory Butter and Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup bite-sized ham cubes
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cup shredded cheese Cheddar or Monterey Jack, divided
- Salt and pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and cream. Season the eggs with salt and pepper, add 1/2 cup shredded cheese, and whisk or stir to combine.
In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the Sauté Express® Sauté Starter square over medium heat. Once it has melted, add the onion and cook until onion is soft and translucent. Add the zucchini and cook until the zucchini has softened, stirring occasionally. Add the ham and tomatoes and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the eggs and stir to combine. Sprinkle top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Cook for 2 minutes and then transfer pan to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs have set.
Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer frittata to a serving platter. Slice and enjoy. Leftovers can be refrigerated and served cold or re-heated.
A recipe for a frittata made with ham, cheese, eggs, and vegetables including onion, zucchini, and tomatoes. Serve it warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Disclosure: The author received a full-value coupon redeemable for Sauté Express® Sauté Starter for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.
Recipe adapted from another one I made and featured on this blog: Chorizo, Tomato, and Spinach Frittata.