It was a simple thing to do. Go to the store and get orange juice for the photos. The plan was laid out. It was to be a breakfast scene with juice and coffee. Then something shiny caught my attention. Well, not actually shiny. Thoughts of other upcoming posts and recipes filled my head. This created a list of things needed other than juice. I went to the store and filled the cart with groceries. I unpacked the bags and realized I forgot the one thing that had me going to the store in the first place. Oh well. Photos of Granola Cake would have to be done without it.
This is definitely not the first time it happened. Distraction and not writing lists get me going back to the store all too often. I should learn from past experience and yet the lesson will not stick. All I can do is laugh about it and be glad the grocery store is only a mile away. Anyway, photos and missing items aside, it is time to focus on cake for breakfast. Yes, that’s right: cake for breakfast.
Granola cake is definitely breakfast food. It is also definitely dessert and a snack too. It’s an all-purpose, any time of day, tell people you are eating healthy, and splurge worthy cake. It’s moist and crumbly, filled with golden raisins, and topped with vanilla glaze. The best part is no one would know it is made with granola if you don’t tell them. Your secret is safe with me.
Why did I bake a breakfast cake? It is the Bundt Bakers theme this month. Any excuse to start out the day with a bundt is a good one. Do you like to begin your day with something sweet? We have recipes for you. How about with savory? We have recipes for that too. Take a look at them and scroll down to find out how you can join in the bundt baking fun.
- Breakfast Banana Bundt Cake from Varada at Varada’s Kitchen
- Blackberry Chocolate Coffee Cake from Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Breakfast Bundt from Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Callaloo & Saltfish Mini Bundt from Kelly at Passion Kneaded
- Cheesy Bacon Sausage Brioche Bundt from Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Cheesy Breakfast Sausage Bundt from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Feta Cheese and Sundried Tomato Breakfast Bundt from Maria at Box of Stolen Socks
- French Toast Bundt Cake with Maple-Bacon Glaze from Felice at All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Granola Cake from Renee at Magnolia Days
- Individual Breakfast Banana & Ginger Nutella Glazed Oatmeal Bundt Cakes from Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Maple Bacon Bundt Cake with Bacon Pecan Streusel Swirl from Tux at Brooklyn Homemaker
- Mimosa Bundt Cake from Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Orange Blueberry Bundt Cake from Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Sausage and Potato Bundt from Margaret at Tea and Scones
- Whole Grain Breakfast Blueberry Mini Bundts from Laura at The Spiced Life
What is Bundt Bakers? It’s a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Bundt Bakers Pinterest board for incredible bundt cake recipes and inspiration. Stacy of Food Lust People Love heads up our group and has a #BundtBakers page where you can find information and links to the recipes for each month.
How is the monthly theme determined? We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Would you like to join in the fun? If you are a food blogger, send an email with your blog name and url to Stacy at [email protected].