We were robbed! The burglar broke in our house and stole the strangest thing: leftovers. That was my first though when I went to make my lunch the other day. The container was missing a big portion. Perplexed and shocked pretty much describes how I felt. Why? Because there is no way my husband ate the leftover Creamy Blue Cheese Pasta with Steak and Bacon.
Maybe I slept walked and ate it during the night. Nah. I’m a very sound sleeper. Our hounds haven’t figured out how to open the fridge. They may one day. Both are very smart. One person had to be the culprit. I still had my doubts.
Why did I doubt my husband ate the pasta? Here’s the run down…. He does not like blue cheese at all. Pasta is something he rarely eats. Eating asparagus is a rarity for him too. Believe it or not, he told me recently he was tired of bacon. Steak is the only component I know he truly enjoys.
Of course I had to ask. Sure enough, he said he ate it. Guess what? He liked it too. I’m still shocked. The good thing is I know I can make this again for dinner. And he’ll eat it. YAY!
Creamy Blue Cheese Pasta with Steak and Bacon is luscious. Penne pasta, grilled asparagus, steak, and bacon are divinely coated in a rich, thick blue cheese sauce. Total comfort food at its finest. Seriously like heaven in a bowl.
How much do you like bacon? Bunches? It’s your lucky day! Scroll way down to find a big list of recipes with bacon by Sunday Supper tastemakers. It’s the tasty theme this week. Big thanks to Erica of The Crumby Cupcake for hosting.
How about even more recipes with bacon? A few of mine are Baked Beans with Bacon, Grilled Bacon Onion Cheese Flatbread (Flammkuchen), Skillet Buttercup Squash with Bacon, and Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing.
Creamy Blue Cheese Pasta with Steak and Bacon
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon
- 12 ounce strip steak
- 3 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt divided
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper divided
- 1/2 pound asparagus
- 1/2 pound uncooked penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 5 ounces blue cheese crumbles divided
Cook bacon until crispy according to package instructions. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Once bacon is cooled, cut into bite-sized pieces.
Place steak on a plate or platter. Drizzle 2 teaspoons olive oil on steak and rub to coat both sides. Allow steak to come to room temperature, about 45 minutes.
Heat grill to medium-high heat (about 450°F).
Season steak with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Grill steak until desired doneness, about 4 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
Allow steak to rest for 10 minutes after grilling. Thinly slice diagonally and across the grain.
Remove and discard woody ends of asparagus (bend each and it will break where woody end begins).
Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil on asparagus. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper on asparagus.
Grill asparagus until crisp-tender, about 2 or 3 minutes.
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve some of the pasta water to use if needed. Drain pasta.
While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add flour, stir, and cook for 1 minutes.
Slowly pour in milk, whisking constantly while pouring.
Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and white pepper.
Bring milk mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
Add 4 ounces blue cheese and continue to cook and stir until cheese is mostly melted (there will be some lumps).
Stir in cooked pasta.
Fold in most of the bacon, steak, and asparagus.
If sauce becomes too thick, stir in a little of the reserved pasta water.
Serve topped with remaining bacon, steak, asparagus, and blue cheese scattered on top.
Creamy Blue Cheese Pasta with Steak and Bacon is a scrumptious hearty meal. It's comfort food and something special to satisfy many cravings at once.
Bring on the bacon! It’s just what Sunday Supper tastemakers did with these recipes with bacon:
Bacon in Appetizers
- Apple and Bacon Jam Quesadillas by Nik Snacks
- Bacon Barbecue Nachos by Where Latin Meets Lagniappe
- Game Day Bacon & Cheddar ‘Tater Skins by Powered By BLING
- Killer Jalapeño Poppers by Simply Healthy Family
- Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp by Food Lust People Love
Bacon for Breakfast
- Avocado Toast with Coconut Bacon by Helpful Homemade
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Breakfast Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Candied Maple Bacon by A Mind Full Mom
- Maple Bacon Protein Pancakes by Amee’s Savory Dish
Bacon for Dessert
- Bacon Brownie Balls by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies by Desserts Required
- Boozy Bacon Cherry Crumble by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Bacon Crack by Brunch-n-Bites
- Flourless Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Maple Bacon Truffles by Dessert Geek
- Spiced Apple Bacon Upside Down Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
Bacon for Dinner
- Bacon and Pumpkin Pasta by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Bacon Corn Chowder by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Fried Rice by Asian In America
- Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf by April Golightly
- Creamy Blue Cheese Pasta with Steak and Bacon by Magnolia Days (recipe above)
- K.C.’s Award Winning Turkey Bacon Explosion by Cooking With Carlee
- Kimchi Bacon Fried Rice by kimchi MOM
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- The Pigskin Loaded Baked Potato by Sunday Supper Movement
- Triple Bypass Burgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
Bacon in Beverages
- Candied Bacon Old Fashioned by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Homemade Bloody Mary with Candied Bacon Swizzle by Our Good Life
- Pancetta with Balsamic-Brown Sugar-Pepper Glaze for Bloody Mary by La Bella Vita Cucina
Bacon for Lunch
- Bacon, Fig and Goat’s Cheese Quiche by Caroline’s Cooking
- BLT Bread Salad by The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Manwich Club by Momma’s Meals
- Restaurant Style Double Bacon BLT by The Freshman Cook
- Turkey & Bacon Sliders with ‘Isn’t That Special’ Sauce by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Bacon as a Side Dish
- Bacon and Cheddar Smashed Red Potatoes by Family Around The Table
- Bourbon Bacon Jam by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Bacon, Beer & Jalapeno Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Easy Bacon, Beans & Greens by My Life Cookbook
- Greens with Gruyere and Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Peas with Bacon and Crispy Onions by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper family on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the conversation. To get more great Sunday Supper recipes, visit the Sunday Supper Movement website or check out our Sunday Supper Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Get the best Southern food, wine, and gardening tips!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.