How about a nice, quick hot breakfast? Quick as in two minutes. Yes, two minutes. With a little advance cooking on the weekend, you can have a hot and tasty breakfast during the week in a flash. Bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast wraps are frozen and then reheated in the microwave. That’s right, hit the snooze bar and grab an extra few minutes of sleep. Then start the day right with a satisfying wrap.
It is back to school time. The Sunday Supper bloggers are teaming up once again with Katie Workman, author of The Mom 100 Cookbook. Together we are sharing recipes and tips on quick meals for busy times. There is everything from breakfast to dinner and snacks in-between. My breakfast wraps were inspired by Katie’s cookbook. I took the heartiness of a hot breakfast and combined it with the handiness of a wrap. No fork needed, just heat and eat.
The recipe has cooked components. I figure most everyone knows how to scramble eggs and cook bacon. If you do not then Katie has instructions on how to scramble eggs in her cookbook and how to cook bacon in the oven on her blog. When it comes to eggs, my tips are to use fresh eggs and do not over-cook them. Try to find a local source. You would not believe how much better they taste than the ones in the supermarket.
Want more back-to-school recipes? Check out these fabulous ones from the Sunday Supper team:
Easy Breakfast ideas:
- Hawaiian Scrambled Eggs by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Scrambled Eggs with sausage and fresh herbs by Basic n Delicious
- Breakfast Wraps by Magnolia Days
- Scrambled Eggs with Herb Croutons by Comfy Cuisine
- Scrambled Eggs for Preschoolers by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap by Meal Planning Magic
- California Chicken Wraps by Momma’s Meals
- Chicken, Hummus, and sautéed Vegetable Wraps by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Roast Beef Wraps with Horseradish Mayo by Juanita’s Cocina
- Mesquite Turkey, Mango and Pepper Jack Wraps by Shockingly Delicious
- Hummus, Cucumber, Roasted Pepper and Carrot Lunchbox Wrap by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Quick and Easy Mozzarella and Meatball Wrap by Mama Mommy Mom
- Herbed Beef Wraps by Brie’s Bites
- California Wraps by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sautéed Corn, with Double Bacon, Scallions and Shrimp by The Meltaways
- Garlic Lemon Rosemary Roasted Chicken by Supper for a Steal
- Kebab Chicken & Grilled Veggie Wraps with Tahini Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Fresh mozzarella Pasta Casserole by The Weekend Gourmet
- Choose Your Topping Grilled Pizza by In the Kitchen with KP
- Quesadillas Your Way by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Yum Yum Salmon Quesadillas by Family Foodie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Girlichef
- Fudgy One-Pot Raspberry Cocoa Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Fudgy One-Pot Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pear Choco Walnut Coffee Cake by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peach Clafoutis by The Messy Baker Blog
Looking for even more back-to-school recipes and tips? Join in the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter today (Sunday, August 12th). Beginning at 3pm ET we showcase recipes and want to share yours too. Remember to include the #SundaySupper hashtag in your tweet. At 7pm ET we will have a live chat with Katie Workman. Bring your back-to-school questions and share your tips too. We love to pin recipes and photos so be sure to follow our two Pinterest boards: #SundaySupper and #SundaySupper with The Mom 100 Cookbook. Also check out Katie’s Gearing Up for Back-To-School Weeknight Dinners post.
Connect with Katie Workman, Author of The Mom 100 Cookbook:
- The Mom 100 blog – Katie shares recipes, tips and inspiration
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/katieworkman100
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/katieworkman100
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/katieworkman100
- Website: www.themom100.com
- Buy The Mom 100 Cookbook
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Wraps
- 8 extra-large flour tortillas
- 12 cooked scrambled eggs
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked crispy and chopped
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded or grated cheese
Lay the tortillas out on a work surface. Divide the eggs evenly on top of each tortilla a little off-center. Sprinkle the bacon on top of the eggs. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the bacon. Roll up the tortillas burrito-style by folding the "short" side over the eggs, folding in the sides on top, and rolling to the end of the "long" side. You can serve them now or freeze for later.
To freeze: wrap each one in plastic wrap. Place the wraps in a plastic freezer bag, seal, and place it in the freezer.
To reheat: take the wrap out of the freezer and discard the plastic wrap. Wrap the breakfast wrap loosely in a paper towel and microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until heated through.
Homemade breakfast wraps made with flour tortillas, eggs, bacon, and cheese. A great quick and hot breakfast.
Get the best Southern food, wine, and gardening tips!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.