It was a glorious summer day. I walked outside and felt the sun on my face. Birds were singing and some were quite loud. Glancing over at the grill made me smile thinking about the meal to come. A few prep tasks had to be finished and a bottle of wine opened. One must sip on a cold glass of wine while grilling in the heat . Back to the kitchen I went to pull out the remaining ingredients for Asian Pork Lettuce Cups.
Grillers have their own rituals. They vary and yet can be so similar. BBQ enthusiasts look forward to the entire process. Some are intense on making sure each step goes flawlessly. Mine always involve wine. I either use it in the recipe, sip on it while grilling, or both. Most of the time opening the wine is step one. Then I uncover the grill, scrape the grates, turn the knobs, and listen for the click, click, click, whoosh sound of flames igniting on the burners.
Asian Pork Lettuce Cups is my latest grilling adventure. It came to pass after the wonderful folks at Gallo sent bottles of their Sweet White Blend and Merlot for inspiration. It took about two seconds to know something Asian would be in the works. The dish had to be light, yet satisfying, and great for summer.
There are so many tasty elements in these lettuce cups. Sweet white wine balances tartness of lime juice. Peaches are one of the flavors of GFV’s Sweet White Blend so adding grilled ones was in order. Plus those sweet peaches contrast hot jalapeño peppers. Salty soy sauce is mellowed with honey. Fresh ginger and garlic’s earthiness is brightened with cilantro. Cabbage and radish add crunch under tender pork. It’s all piled on top of crisp Boston lettuce leaves. Are you hungry yet?
It’s time to fire up the grill. Sunday Supper is proud to partner with Gallo Family Vineyards sharing grilling recipes and BBQ wine pairings. Head to the store and get GFV’s Sweet White Blend or Merlot when preparing for your grilling occasions. There is a $1 off coupon or rebate available (depending on your area). Scroll down to find a list and links to recipes from Sunday Supper contributors and check out Gallo’s grilling recipes too. Oh, and on the subject of peaches, did you see my Peach Sorbet?
Are you ready to do some grilling? Take a look at these recipes by Sunday Supper contributors featuring or paired with Gallo Family Vineyards Sweet White Blend or Merlot:
- Grilled Brie with Tropical Fruit Compote by girlichef
- Grilled Peach Bruschetta by Peanut Butter and Peppers
Salads and Sides:
- Grilled Caesar Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Grilled Mushrooms with Merlot Reduction by The Messy Baker
- Asian Pork Lettuce Cups by Magnolia Days
- BBQ Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- Cheddar Merlot Burgers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Chicken with Blueberry-Merlot Sauce by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Hawaiian Sea Salt Tuna Nuggets by Family Foodie
- Grilled Honey Lime Chicken by Alida’s Kitchen
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Strawberry Jam Glaze by Savvy Eats
- Grilled Ribeye with Mushroom Merlot Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers with a Sweet White Blend Marinade by Country Girl in the Village
- Merlot Marinated Flank Steak with Spicy Chimichurri by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Merlot Burger by Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Shish Kabobs in Red Wine Rosemary Marinade by The Dinner-Mom
- Tandoori-style Lamb Chops by kimchi MOM
- Grilled Apple Crisp by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone by Desserts Required
- Vanilla Ice Cream with Grilled Peaches by Hip Foodie Mom
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.