A mission was announced months ago. It made me smile the moment I saw it. Why? Because it involved chocolate. Just writing it on my to-do list gave much such delight. Oh the choices though. What flavors to go with it? You would think the options would be narrowed because of it having to be cookies. Then you think of how many different ones there are and the list gets rather long. Then it struck me to make Caramel Chocolate Chip Cashew Butter Cookies.
My collection of nut and seed butters keeps growing. There is always peanut butter. Always. Tahini is another regular in my pantry. Others are flavored peanut butters. However I had a hankering for something different. I looked at the bag of caramel filled chocolate chips and instantly thought of cashew butter. Off to the store I went and the baking began shortly thereafter.
Caramel Chocolate Chip Cashew Butter Cookies are scrumptious. At least I think so. I have to be totally honest and admit my batch would have made 3 1/2 dozen except for me eating a half dozen worth of cookie dough. I always taste test dough because if it doesn’t taste good then the cookies certainly will not. This dough made me lose all restraint.
About the caramel filled chocolate chips. I discovered the chips months ago at the start of the holiday baking season. I bought a bag and planned to use them for a recipe back then but they were put aside until now. I am quite sure these cookies will be just as good with regular chocolate chips if you can’t find filled ones.
Which kind of chocolate cookies do you like best? Are they total chocolate or have a hint of it? There are so many to choose from. Thanks to Jen over at Jen’s Favorite Cookies for giving a chocolate mission for the Cookie of the Month group. Join me in taking a look at the recipes the group is sharing. And for something else chocolate there is my Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins because starting the day with chocolate is a good thing.
- Caramel Chocolate Chip Cashew Butter Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Lava Cookies from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Orange Ginger Cookies from gotta get baked
- Flourless Dark Chocolate Cookies from The Cooking Actress
- Fudgy Kahlua Brownie Cookies from Bake or Break
- Peanut Butter Compost Cookies (gluten-free) from Heartbeet Kitchen
- Triple Chocolate Cookie Bars from Crumb
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup smooth cashew butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup caramel filled chocolate chips (baking morsels)*
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment or non-stick liner.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, brown sugar, butter, and cashew butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Add flour mixture and mix until combined. Stir in chips.
- Shape into balls slightly larger than 1-inch. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
The recipe is a variation to my peanut butter cookies I posted long ago. My photography skills were not so great back then.