The rolling pin went back and forth again and again. The stubborn dough would not roll out and sprung back like elastic. Gentle pats could not coax it into a thin even disk. Stretching gave it the largest surface however oddly shaped. An attempt at spinning it caused it to fly off my hand and into the trash can. I am pizza rolling-out dough challenged. I have great respect for those who can make a perfectly thin and round pizza. Mine have more of a rustic appearance. At least you know it’s homemade.
Summer Berry Pizza is my first dessert pizza. To clarify, the first one I’ve made but not the first one I’ve eaten. Most of the sweet or dessert ones I’ve had are simply pie filling spread over a crust and topped with a glaze. I wanted something fresher and less gloppy sweet. Some gorgeous berries at the market inspired me to create this summer pizza. The color of the berries pop against the white of the mascarpone cheese. The glaze adds a small amount of sweetness to balance any tartness of the berries.
Independence Day is coming soon. I’ve teamed up with some very talented blogger friends to share recipes for the holiday. We have everything from beverages to desserts including my Summer Berry Pizza. It’s a fabulous July 4th Holiday Food Party for sure! Special thanks to Jen at Jen’s Favorite Cookies for hosting this event. Check out what we have to share:
- Berry Cheesecake Crumb Tart from Hungry Couple NYC
- California Burgers from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 4th of July Ice Cream Cones from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Red, White & Blueberry Parfaits from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Red, White & Blue Deviled Eggs from Created by Diane
- Summer Berry Pizza from Magnolia Days
- Sparkling Pineapple Cake Martini from The Messy Baker
- Red, White & Bleu Mac ‘N Cheese from Juanita’s Cocina
- Red, White & Blue Vanilla Bean Spritzers from Pineapple and Coconut
- Red, White & Blue S’mores Pies from Big Bears Wife
- Lemon Raspberry Sugarless Cookies from What Smells so Good?
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Squares from Chocolate Moosey
- Berry Trifle from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Watermelon Mojito Ice Pops from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Are you ready to celebrate? Holidays are so much fun. Independence Day is so festive and cheerful. It can be hot so cool down with some ice cream, sorbet, or frozen yogurt. That is, after enjoying a nice dessert pizza. Double sweets? Why, yes! It is a holiday so splurge away.