Ever have one of those running behind days? When something comes up and blows your whole schedule. You put yourself in high gear to get back on track and then yet another thing arises. I had one of those days recently. Everything I had planned was disrupted. Next thing I knew it was after lunch and I was getting started on what I should have finished hours before. Then “poof” it was almost dinnertime. Thanks goodness shrimp and vegetable couscous is one of those “on the table in a flash” meals.
Couscous has to hold a record for quick cooking. I’m sure of it. I think only those noodles that almost explode when they hit the water are faster. I use and prefer the Israeli or pearl type which takes only a few more minutes to cook. Shrimp is also done in a matter of minutes. Add a few veggies to the mix and you have a complete meal.
You know what else makes cooking quick and easy? Land O Lakes® Sauté Express® Sauté Starter does that and more. It adds flavor to recipes and reduces the need for more ingredients. Want an Italian twist? Use the Italian Herb one. Like citrus? Use the Lemon Pepper one. The Sauté Starters are so convenient.
My shrimp and vegetable couscous recipe features the savory butter and olive oil one. I wanted something subtle to enhance all the flavors. It was the right choice. It let the shrimp and veggies shine and gave them a flavor boost at the same time. It also added a touch of savory to the couscous. All together it is a great meal and on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Are you inspired? Share your ideas for how you can add sizzle to your meal in 140 characters or less on Twitter with the hashtag, #SautéExpress. We invite you to develop your own ideas for adding Sauté Express® Sauté Starter to your regular weeknight meal rotation.
Are you on Pinterest? We have a special board to showcase recipes. To visit it, click here -> #WeekdaySupper with Sauté Express® Sauté Starter.
A little information on Sauté Express® Sauté Starter:
- Land O’Lakes® has an easy, delicious solution for the weeknight dinner dilemma your readers face each night – its newest innovation, Sauté Express® Sauté Starter.
- Simply toss a Sauté Express® square in a non-stick sauté pan until it begins to bubble and sizzle; add fresh chicken, pork, shrimp or fish; and sauté in less than 30 minutes for a fast and delicious meal.
- The product combines butter, olive oil, and a variety of herbs and spices into one convenient square.
- The product performs best when sautéing at medium or low heat.
- Sauté Express® Sauté Starter is available in four delicious flavors: Garlic & Herb, Italian Herb, Savory Butter & Olive Oil and Lemon Pepper. Visit SauteExpress.com for meal ideas and tips.
Disclosure: The author received a full-value coupon redeemable for Sauté Express® Sauté Starter for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.