Are you ready for Easter? As far as I am concerned, it is already here. It was a very, very good day when I spotted Easter candy in the store. Oh yea! When I say Easter candy I mean two things and they are both made by the same company: caramel eggs and chocolate mini eggs. This year I decided to bake something with one of them. I made mini egg chocolate chip cookies. Besides, it gave me an excuse to buy two bags. One to bake with and one eat like there is no tomorrow.
Baking the cookies was extra fun for me. Not only because of the one special ingredient (chocolate eggs), I also got to play with my new measuring spoons. They are in the photo at the top. It’s little birds – how cool! You can’t have eggs without birds, right? How fitting to use the spoons for the recipe. They will make me smile every time I use them. They are prettier than plain ones anyway.
I found the bird measuring spoons on the internet. They came from Catching Fireflies. It’s a website filled with fun and whimsical items. I found myself going through their kitchen, handmade, and home decor categories first. I ordered a few things including the spoons and tea towels. One of the tea towels is in the photo of my strawberry sorbet. I can’t wait to use the other one.
How would you like some new whimsical goodies? What if there was a special discount? Well, it’s your lucky day! When you place your order with Catching Fireflies use the code MAGNOLIA to get a 20% discount on your order. Discount offer ends in 30 days so hurry up and get to shopping! Click on this photo to go to the website:
How about some shopping money? Even better! I am giving away a $43 gift certificate for Catching Fireflies. Why $43? It’s because they like to be fun and have different things to offer than everyone else. To enter to win all you have to do is go to the Catching Fireflies website, take a look around, and then come back here and leave a comment below letting me know which item you would purchase if you won.
Giveaway details: Giveaway is for United States and Canada residents only. Contest runs from today, Tuesday, March 19, 2013 and ends on Monday, March 25, 2013 at 11:59pm Eastern Time. Winner will be selected from the valid entries using a random draw. Winner will be notified via email and they have 3 days to respond or another winner will be selected. Good luck!
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped chocolate mini eggs (Cadbury)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat liners.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add butter, sugar, and brown sugar, and beat using a hand mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla and eggs, one at at time, beating well after each.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating at medium speed until just combined. Do not overmix. Stir in the chocolate chips and mini eggs.
- Use a tablespoon measure to drop dough onto prepared baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, about 9 to 11 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 1 minute then transfer to a cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough. Serve immediately. Store cookies in an airtight container.
Disclosure: I received a $43 value gift code from Catching Fireflies for my personal use, a 20% discount code to offer for 30 days, and a $43 value gift certificate or code to be used for a giveaway. I was under no obligation to give a positive review. All opinions are my own unless otherwise stated or contained within a guest post.