Have you ever ate an appetizer for dinner? I have on several occasions. There are the times when I’m not in the mood or simply not hungry enough for a full meal. It could be the appetizer is so incredible I don’t want anything else. A tray of cheese, olives, and bread with some wine? Oh yes. Indulge in loaded potato skins or pimento cheese balls? Sometimes. A platter of Korean Beef Bites? Oh heck yes if they are made with the recipe by Jaden Hair of Steamy Kitchen.
I made the Korean Beef Bites one afternoon. It was right after lunch and I admit it was because of the weather. Natural light is so important to food photos and a perfect lightly overcast afternoon was ahead. I figured I would have them out to snack on before dinner. It took one sample bite and I absolutely knew the whole batch would be my main course. I made extra so my husband could have some too. It’s a good thing I did because every last morsel was gone. I think a triple batch will be in order next time – for sure if I make them for a party. They would disappear in no time at all.
“Betcha can’t eat just one” is on the page with the recipe in Jaden’s cookbook. It could not be a more true statement. Which cookbook? It’s her latest release, Steamy Kitchen’s Healthy Asian Favorites. I’m so glad I got the book. It gave me the incentive to make a Korean BBQ marinade and try kimchi. Both were on my to-do list. Now I’m wondering what took me so long to do either one. I’m really looking forward to trying more recipes in the book.
I’m giving away a copy of the Healthy Asian Favorites cookbook. Guess what? 19 other Sunday Supper bloggers are too. That’s 20 total chances to win. Plus we are sharing recipes from the book. Giveaway details are below. Read them carefully and be sure to follow the rules for a valid entry. Time is limited! Don’t wait, enter below then click to enter on the other 19 blogs:
Tofu-Mushroom Miso Soup
Crispy Rice Patties
Thai Larb Lettuce Chicken Cups
Sake Steamed Mussels
Salmon Honey Teriyaki
Korean Beef Bites
We are sharing more Steamy Kitchen inspired recipes. The following Sunday Supper Contributors are joining us with some of their favorite recipes from the Steamy Kitchen website:
- Kung Pao Chicken by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Prime Rib Roast with Miso au jus by The Urban Mrs.
- Kickin’ Tequila Shrimp by Gourmet Drizzles
- Korean Beef Rice Bowl by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Pan Fried Shrimp and Pork Fried Potstickers by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Shrimp Curry by Ninja Baking
Here is how to enter to win. You must do both, #1 and #2, to have an eligible entry:
- Tell me what your favorite Asian dish is in a comment below – AND – with your twitter handle in the comment. Comment must be posted by 8pm Eastern time today (Sunday, March 10, 2013).
- Join in the conversation during the live #SundaySupper chat on twitter from 7 to 8pm Eastern Time today (Sunday, March 10, 2013). Your tweet(s) must contain the #SundaySupper hashtag.
The winner will be chosen randomly from the eligible entries. The winner will be notified via email. Note: Giveaway open for United States residents only. Contest ends on Sunday, March 10, 2013 at 8pm Eastern Time.
Disclosures: I was provided with a copy of Steamy Kitchen’s healthy asian favorites for my review. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.