Cherry, dear sweet cherry, how I love your flavor. Ever since I was a kid it has been my #1 choice. Remember when you got a sucker if you were good at the doctor? I would be extra good so I could get to pick. Yes, I always chose the cherry one. When I see a bowl of candy out, if chocolate isn’t available, you know what I’m grabbing. I was thrilled when I saw cherries are the theme for April #BundtAMonth. I decided I would bake this Cherry Pecan Bundt Cake.
I really enjoy maraschino cherries. My husband knows how much and he will give me his when he gets one in a drink or on a dessert. He will also let me have most of the frosting on a piece of cake we are sharing. I think little things like that have kept us together for 30 years. Well, there are big things too. And speaking of, this past Monday is the anniversary of us getting officially engaged. It was a short engagement as we were married in June.
I chose Cherry Pecan Bundt Cake because of extra cherries I had. I bought a big jar to make a Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake and didn’t use them all. I do want to bake a cake with fresh cherries at some point. Perhaps when I see them at the store or a farmers market I will bring some home and get to baking. A tart cherry cake does sound rather nice. Meanwhile I can enjoy this one filled with bits of cherries and pecans. It’s a dense cake like a typical pound cake. The cream cheese in it keeps it moist and contributes to the texture.
Ready for more cherry cakes? Look at these recipes by the talented and fabulous #BundtAMonth bakers:
- Black Forest Mini Bundt Cakes by Kim at Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cherry Blueberry Cheesecake Bundt by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Bundt Cake by Kate at Diethood
- Cherry Bundt Cake by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Cherry Filled Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cherry Drizzle by Heather at Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Kirsch Bundt by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Cherry Pecan Bundt Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake by Anuradha at Baker Street
- Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake by Lora at Cake Duchess
- Chocolate Cherry Coke Cake by Jennie at The Messy Baker Blog
- Chocolate Cherry Dream by Kim at Ninja Baking
- Coconut Cherry Chip Bundt Cake by Anne at From My Sweet Heart
- Lemon Cherry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze by Anita at Hungry Couple
- Mahlab Vanilla Bundt Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Spicy Cherry Yogurt Bundt Bake by Paula at Vintage Kitchen
- White Chocolate Black Cherry Yogurt Bundt Cake by Karen at In the Kitchen With KP
Here’s how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
- Simple rule: Use cherries – and bake us a Bundt for March
- Post it before April 30, 2013
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read – #BundtaMonth: Cherry Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
Even more bundt fun! Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.
Recipe adapted from one in the NordicWare Bundt Cookbook. (Affiliate link)