Are you busy these days? There are so many activities happening along with work and family. The weekends should be a time of rest but are often filled with a big to-do list. Errands, chores, and events take away from a luxury of cooking a big elaborate Sunday Supper. The important thing is preparing a good meal to enjoy around the family table. Spaghetti and meat sauce is one of my quick and easy choices for those busy days.
The recipe has only a few ingredients. Ground meat, sauce, and spaghetti. I use homemade tomato sauce from a large batch I cooked when I had a day to spend in the kitchen. I froze the leftovers in portioned amounts to make it easy to pull out and defrost how much I need. When I see a busy day ahead I will take some from the freezer and let it thaw out overnight. I have also done a quick defrost using the microwave if it is a last minute decision. You can also use store-bought tomato sauce or marinara sauce. I will admit to using jarred sauce when I am out of homemade.
I serve it with a simple green salad and bread. I also use fresh grated parmesan cheese for a topping. The bread is typically French bread or something similar. Oh, and there is wine of course!
What is one of your quick and easy meals? I am always on the hunt for fast and tasty dishes to prepare on time-limited days. I like having a variety of recipes to use and new ones to try.
Do you want more simple and easy recipes? Take a look at these:
- Caprese Pasta by Jen from Juanita’s Cocina
- Cheesy Chicken Popovers by Pam from The Meltaways
- Spicy Bacon Burgers by Lane from Supper for a Steal
- Caprese Grilled Cheese by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Simple Olive Oil Pasta by Carla from Chocolate Moosey
- Chicken Parmesan by Jennie from The Messy Baker Blog
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara by Rashmi from The Primlani Kitchen
- Nutella Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake by Anuradna from Baker Street
- Soothing Papaya Ginger Lemon Smoothie by Sunithi from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Mini Peanut Butter and Chocolate Trifles by Angie from Big Bears Wife
Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag on twitter for more mouth-watering meals and ideas. Join in the fun by tweeting your recipes and photos.
- ½ to ¾ pound ground beef, pork, or turkey
- 4 cups tomato or marinara sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Grated parmesean cheese
- In a saucepan, brown the ground meat, stirring to break it up as it cooks. Transfer browned meat to a colander to drain excess fat. Return browned meat to the pan and add tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, cover, then turn down the heat to low and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Strain. Place spaghetti in a pasta bowl and top with meat sauce and parmesan cheese. Serve with a simple green salad and bread on the side.